ch.41

remember

   the next morning, we were back on the road bright and early. not wasting anytime, we needed to see this community.

   me head rested on glenns shoulder as we sat together on the couch, across from eugene and tara.

    my fingers twisted and turned my ring about a hundred times until glenn noticed, placing his hand on top of mine.

   "stop worrying, it isn't good for you." he stated, causing me to look up at him.

   "i'm not worried, just unsure." i corrected, slowly intertwining our fingers.

   "me too." he started, placing a kiss on top of my head, taking in the scent of my hair, "but as long has i have you. i'll be fine."

   i smiled, nudging my head in the crook of his next, "god i love my husband" i chuckled, causing him to smile.

    "and i love my wife" he mimicked, causing tara to act like she was vomiting. i shook my head, watching eugene give us a weird look.

   before i could even ask, the rv started to rumble, and slowly come to a stop. "well shit" abraham mumbled, busting out the door.

   "hold on, i'll be back." glenn rubbed my knee, taking off after him. i rolled my eyes, placing my head on the table.

   "jesus you guys are annoying." tara chuckled, shuffling cards eugene had given her. i looked up to her, giving her an "f u" look.

   "when i first met glenn back at the prison, all he cared about was finding "melanie"" she started, a smile creeping onto her face, "i thought, it couldn't be a coincidence, right? i'm glad i was wrong"

   i sat up straight, now intrigued by her choice of words, "why?" i questioned, giving her a confused look.

   "because you're not only my best friends sister, you're mine too. we're family." she smiled, fiddling with the cards, "also you and glenn are perfect together."

   a huge smile appeared on my face as she talked, "thank you, tara." i uttered, grabbing her hands in mine.

   she gave me a confused look pausing.

   i let out a breath, "for everything you just said. everything you've done, like bringing glenn back to me." i smiled, releasing her hands.

   both of our attentions turned back to glenn and abraham as they entered the rv. "everything good?" i asked, moving over by the window so he could have some room.

   "it is now, thank god for meeting dale"

    i let out a sigh nodding my head, "thank god for dale..."
_____________

i felt a little shake, awakening from my nap. my eyes slowly opened, revealing only glenn in the rv.

"we're here" he smiled, bending down to plant a kiss on my forehead as i snapped myself back into life.

he took my hand in his, pulling me up to my feet, leading us out to where the others stood firmly in front of the gate.