ch.3

rooftop

i felt someone grab my arm leading me up a flight of stairs. everything was still a blur to me. i heard what sounded like gunshots ring and the rest of the group talking about someone named merle.

we made it to the rooftop and i was finally able to concentrate on what was going on around me. my arm started bleeding more from all the impact it had taken. aka andrea

me and rick glanced back and forth to each other while a fight broke out in front of us. merle and tdog started a fighting frenzy. the others stood behind, yelling for them to stop

"dixon, you're gonna hurt him!" andrea yelled to merle who was tackling one of the men who was in riot gear.

rick nudged glenn to see if he should intervene but glenn shook his head no

it became too out of control not to intervene, so rick stepped in only to get punched by merle. that's when i hit my breaking point. "hey!" i screamed, watching as merle turned around, scoffing. he ignored me, turning back around to tdog, who he punched across the face.

i stepped over, grabbing merle by the shoulder to turn him to face me. i punched him as hard as a i could, hearing the crunch from under my fist. he quickly stood up straight, eyeing me up and down as he lifted his hand up about to punch me back.

i closed my eyes and took a deep breath, waiting for the impact.it had already been too late to duck, and i knew this son of a bitch didn't care if i was a girl.

   surprisingly, the hit never came causing me to hesitantly open my eyes. they glanced to merle, who now laid on the ground near a pipe. rick hurriedly stepped over the pipe from the other side, handcuffing merles hand to it.

the whole group shifted their eyes between me, merle, and rick. while i just stood there processing what could've happened if rick wasn't there.

"screw you man" merle snapped at rick, his eyes turned to me and then back to merle. "i can see you missing the point."

rick held his gun to merles head, "you wouldn't you're a cop" merle chuckled, a small grin forming on his face.

"all i am is a man looking for his wife and son. anybody who gets in the way of that is gonna lose." rick stated, getting up to walk towards me.

   his hand grabbed my arm harshly, pulling me away from the rest of the group, hearing merle shout at us to come back.

"what the hell! let go of me." i shouted, yanking my hand away from his. only causing me to regret my actions as i winced from the pain in my shoulder.

rick looked at me worriedly, knowing what i did. he stepped closer to me with his hand out, only for me to back further away, "i'm sorry." he apologized, causing me to glare up at him.

"what do you want?" i bit back, causing him to look away. "what you did back there is gonna get you killed" he sneered, still not looking at me.

"it's what's keeping me alive", i protested, "i just helped save that group and im getting punished? you're not my dad." i whisper yelled, not trying to cause a commotion.

rick looked over to me causing our eyes to meet once again, "i'm the closest person you have right now."

i scoffed, "you're not my hero, you're just some guy i happened to wind up with." i muttered, turning my back to him, holding my shoulder. i could feel his stare on my back as i continued to walk back to the rest of the group.