ch.36

crossed

we soon ended up at an abandoned book store, where we decided to take shelter for the night.

i wondered through the rows of book shelves as everyone else secured the place and situated themselves.

"melanie?" rosita called out, causing me to turn around in confusion. seeing her figure appeared from around the corner.

"come on, i'll stitch you up" she stated, looking down at my hand. i nodded my head, giving her a slight smile before following.

  she led me back down the halls among the bookshelves, my eyes wondering through all the dusty books, having a quick remembrance of dale.

light shined around the corner as we turned, revealing eugene and tara. i waved before sitting down across from rosita.

  i watched as she cleaned the cut area, wincing from the sting of the alcohol. a hand landed on my shoulder causing me to look up,  seeing a very handsome glenn.

"you okay?" he questioned, looking down at my wound, "mhm, always am." i assured, giving him a small smile only to receive an unsure look.

   "all done" rosita mumbled, getting up from the chair. i whipped my head around, breaking glenns stare.

"what?!" i exclaimed, shocked i didn't feel any pain. "you're all done, only took a minute or so." she smiled at my reaction.

   "i didn't feel a thing.'' i started, standing up to move with glenn, "look how nasty it looks"

i moved my hand in front of glenn's face, earning a disgusted look as he pushed it away, trying not to laugh.

  "stop, nasty" he smiled,  stepping farther away from me, resulting in me running up behind him, grabbing his hand in mine.

   he chuckled before leading me away through the bookshelves into a back corner where a little makeshift bed was set up.

   "what's this?" i asked, sending him a small as i looked over the area.

   "i just thought this would take our minds off leaving the rest of the group behind." he replied,  frowning a bit when he mentioned them.

    i moved to the bed, pulling glenn down beside me.

"i was a little mad in the beginning, yes, but i wouldn't want to be anywhere without you." i started, setting my head on his chest as we laid down, "... and im sure rick and the rest will catch up."

   "have you thought about them?" he questioned, turning his head to look down at me.

"yeah, i feel guilty." i uttered, staring up at the ceiling.

   "hey..." he started, turning my attention back to face him, "hey, we get to have... a little vacation on bookstore floors."

he let out a little chuckle looking down at me. i smiled back, tracing his facial features with my eyes, "we're living for something else, and they don't get to right now"

   "well, we did almost die today. and we don't have a car. and we're drinking toilet water." glenn noted, causing me to smile.