ch.31

us

   the men took us back to their camp, not longer after they fell asleep, leaving me on watch while daryl went out to catch us some food.

    "come on, we're hitting the road" daryl stated, appearing in my view along with joe and len.

     i stood up brushing off my pants before turning to him, "alone or with these jackasses?"

    "woah, there lady, we're standing right here. you should watch what you say." joe scoffed, earning an eye roll as i turned to him, "no, jackass is what i meant."

     daryl grabbed my shoulder, shaking his head for me to stop before bending down to grab our bag, shoving half a cottontail into it.

     "you still didn't answer my question." i mumbled, my eyes never leaving his. he hesitated, looking back at me, "we're traveling with them."

       i clicked my tongue, looking away for a moment before nodding, "then this is my goodbye"

     daryl knitted his eyebrows, "you ain't going out there alone."

     i scoffed, "you can't control me any longer, dixon. glenn, beth, and davina are out there somewhere and you aren't even trying to look for them. i'm done staying with this suck ass group, they're not remotely right."

     i grabbed my gun, checking to see how much ammo i had before shoving it back in my holster, turning away towards the woods.

      "melanie, don't- don't do this." daryl stated, taking a step closer, only for me to whip my head back around, "no, you don't do this."

      daryl stood looking at me appalled, watching as i moved into the woods, soon disappearing from his vision.
___________

it had been a couple hours since i left daryls group, i was now trudging down the road, doing better than i thought i would.

that was until i heard revving from behind me, causing my head to snap back, seeing a car speeding down the road.

just when i was about to move out of the way, i felt an impact hit my legs causing me to fall over.

men came into the corner of my view, as i tried to stand up, pain surging through my body. before i could even try, they grabbed my arms dragging me to the car.

  i kicked one of the men's leg out from underneath him, causing him to let go of grip on me as he shrieked in pain.

    i punched the other guy straight in the stomach, making him bend over also releasing his grip from my arm.

i grabbed my gun from my belt loop, pointing it towards the men who had their hands up.

"so we can play nicely and we can all leave unharmed, or i'll fight back and you guys will be sorry" i stated, raising my brow to them, "your choice."

the men shook their heads, still coming closer, thinking i was weak.

  i rolled my eyes, "okay, fine" i grinned, smacking my gun across one of their faces as he stepped closer.