ch.15

nebraska
*trigger warning; suicide"

i groaned in pain, feeling my eyes slowly flutter open from the sound of growling.

"oh my god" i mumbled, seeing the walkers head directly in front of mine. i whimpered, reaching down to my belt loop, trying to force out my knife.

once i had a good grip, i pulled it in front of me, quickly shoving it into the walkers head. i let out a sigh, trying to catch my breath as i looked around.

my eyes landed on lori, who was knocked out, shattered glass surrounding where she laid. "lori! lori, wake up."

i watched as her body twitched, awaking from her sleep. "jesus, melanie." she uttered, referring to how my body was dangling above hers because of my seat belt.

   i shook my head, looking to her belly, "are you and the baby okay?" i questioned, praying they weren't hurt.

    "we're fine, are you?"

   i nodded, positioning myself to get ready to unbuckle the seatbelt.  i clicked the button, releasing myself, making sure not to land on lori.

   "come on, there's glass everywhere. it isn't safe." i instructed, earning a nod.

   once we were out safe, she embraced me in a hug, catching me off guard. "it's my fault, i knew i shouldn't have let you come."

    i pulled away, shaking my head, "i insisted on coming, we're in this together, okay?"

    she hesitantly nodded, looking around towards the dark woods and road. "we better start walking, it's the only way we're getting to the bar now."

    i nodded, moving to lead the way, only to be stopped by two bright lights shining in front of us.

    i sigh in relief left my mouth, seeing shane, "shane" i mumbled, watching him get out from the car.

   "are y'all alright?" he questioned, earning a nod from both of us, "we're fine."

   "you're not fine, i saw the wreck. let me look at you." shane insisted, shining the light on my face and then loris.

    i raised my hand to my face, feeling the huge gash on my cheek bone. i hissed from the impact, pulling my hand away to reveal blood.

   "you're gonna need stitches." shane mumbled, inspecting it some more, "what happened?"

    "looked down at the map and hit a walker" lori informed, letting shane inspect her face too. "next time y'all stay out and you won't need a map. come one, i gotta get you guys back."

   lori shook her head, grabbing his arm to pull him back, "no we gotta find rick and glenn."

    shane paused looking between us, "they're back, they're all back. they're all safe and sound."

    his words caused me to feel like a weight was lifted off my chest, causing me to let out a sigh, "oh, thank god."

    i didn't hesitate to move to the car, hopping in the back.

    when we arrived, i hopped out as quickly as i could, wanting to see glenn safe. andrea and maggie greeted me, looking at me worriedly.

    "oh my god, are you all right? what happened?" andrea questioned, glancing between the two of us.

    "we were in an accident, i'm fine. we're fine." lori assured, pushing shane away in the process.

    i nodded to them, glancing around the place for glenn. "where's glenn? and rick?" i asked, searching maggie's eyes as she stared at me.