Chapter 16| Music is War

Delirious's POV

Evan and I were in the car, going to the mall. We walked around a bit and decided to play Guitar Hero in the arcade. Five boys, around the ages 12-14, were watching us play. When we finished, we walked out and walk around a bit more.

"Music is life!" I yelled. Evan chuckled and nodded. "Oh shit, that reminds me, the school is having this music contest soon. The winner, or winners, gets to do a mini concert at lunch and goes to a bonfire at the beach." He told me. "We need to entered!" I yelled.

Music is the third important thing in my life. The first is Evan and second is Luna. I always wanted to go to a bonfire one day. We need to enter and win this contest!

"Can you play an instrument?" Evan asked. I think back of what I used to play when I was little. The drums...? "When I was little, I think I played the drums." I said. "Cool! I can play the guitar. I hope the two of us can make a great band." He said.

We walked into a store and look at the stuff they were selling. I noticed a dark blue bandana that was only $3. 'Didn't Luna always wanted a bandana?' I thought. I shrugged and bought it for her. Evan gave me a weird look when I bought it. "Why did you buy a bandana?" He asked. "Luna always wanted one." "Oh"

We got to the car and he drove me to my house. We got out and heard someone playing the guitar. I knew who was playing it! How did I forgot that she plays the guitar? "I just remembered that Luna plays the guitar." I said as I opened the door. We walked in the house and went upstairs. Evan never actually been inside my house. "Nice house." He said.

Suddenly, we heard Luna stop playing and started playing another song. It was This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race By Fall Out Boy. I put my finger on my lips, telling him to be quiet. I slowly peeked through the crack that was opened. Luna started singing the song and I was shocked. Luna hates singing! We continued to watch and listen to her. (Play song naow)

"I am an arms dealer
Fitting you with weapons in the form of words
And don't really care which side wins
As long as the room keeps singing
That's just the business I'm in, yeah"

"This ain't a scene, it's a goddamned arms race
This ain't a scene, it's a goddamned arms race
I'm not a shoulder to cry on
But I digress"

"I'm a leading man
And the lies I weave are oh so intricate,
Oh so intricate"

"I'm a leading man
And the lies I weave are oh so intricate,
Oh so intricate"

I never knew how good Luna was at singing.

"I wrote the gospel on giving up
(You look pretty sinking)
But the real bombshells have already sunk
(Prima donnas of the gutter)
At night we're painting your trash gold while you sleep
Crashing not like hips or hearts,
No, more like p-p-p-parties"

"This ain't a scene, it's a goddamned arms race
This ain't a scene, it's a goddamned arms race
This bandwagon's full
Please, catch another"

"I'm a leading man
And the lies I weave are oh so intricate,
Oh so intricate"

"I'm a leading man
And the lies I weave are oh so intricate,
Oh so intricate"

"Yeah...
Whoa-oh"

She stopped singing for a bit to catch her breath. "I bet I play better than her..." Evan whispered.