Chapter 21| Getting Along

Delirious's POV

It's been a month after we met Zero. He's a cool boy and have been staying over a couple of times. Evan wants to adopt him but I still think we shouldn't because he's 12 and we're 17. Are we even allow to adopt a child at this age?

Evan's family finally came home. It kinda sucks now because I can't live with Evan. When Zero comes over to stay over, he needs to hang out at my place.

"You're the most annoying girl I have ever met!" I heard yelling from downstairs. I got out of bed and check what was going on. "Oh really? How about you stop complaining all the fucking time!" Luna yelled.

I walked to the living room and I saw Luna holding the TV remote in the air. She had her hand on Zero's forehead so he won't come close to her. Zero had both his hands up in the air, trying to get the remote. "Alright, that's enough you too!" I said as I took the remote away from both of them.

"Jonathan!" They both yelled at me. "Why are you guys even fighting?" I asked. "I want to watch my favorite show down here since this TV is better than mine." Luna said. "You been watching the TV here too many times! At least let me have a turn down here!" Zero yelled at her.

"Guys, stop! Zero you can watch the TV in my room." I told Zero and gave Luna the remote. I heard Luna growling and then said, "Ha!"

"Why can't you be nice?! Does it hurt to be nice at least once?!" Zero told her. "I am nice! I take care of my brother!" She said. "Well, you're not nice to me!" Zero said. "Because you're an annoying little brat!" Luna hissed. "Stop being a bit-" Zero covered his mouth so he won't cussed. "We're you about to call me a bitch?! I think that's why you're parents abandoned you! It's because you're so annoying!" Luna yelled. "Luna!" I yelled at her. Zero looked down and started to cry softly. He pushed me out of the way and ran upstairs to my room.

"What the fuck was that for?!" I yelled at Luna. She sat down at the couch and looked down. "I'm sorry... I just can't get along with him... He's such a little kid." She said. "Well, that's because he's 12 and is still growing up. Luna, you can't pick on him and start calling him annoying. He might not be part of the family but you still need to act like the older sister around here." I told her angry.

I walked up the stairs and went inside my room. "Zero? You alright?" I asked as I saw him laying down on the bed. "Why does Luna hate me...?" He said softly. "She doesn't hate you... It just... She needs to understand that you're a kid and all." "I'M NOT A KID!" He yelled at me. I looked at him, shocked.

"Sorry... How can I make Luna to like me?" He said softly. I thought about it for awhile. "Don't mess with her or annoy her. Or.. Give her a gift." I told him. "A gift? What does she likes?" He asked. "All her favorite things are in her room. Maybe you can find something in there and get an idea of what to get her." I told him. He quickly jumped out of my bed and ran to the door. "Ok, D- I mean Jon, thanks!" He said and went to Luna's room.

Zero's POV

Good thing I saved that back there. Jonathan treats me like I'm his kid and I almost called him Dad! Hopefully he didn't noticed.

I walked into Luna's room, hoping that she doesn't know that I'm in here. I looked around and was amazed of all the stuff she had. I really wanted her to like me and treat me like a brother. Hopefully, this plan work.

Her room was blue and her things were in black and blue. I guess those were her favorite colors. There was guitars in the corner of her room and a skateboard on the floor. There was a box of pencils and papers all over her desk. I picked up one of the paper and saw a picture of a cat on it. I looked around more, still holding the picture of the cat. I found blue cat ears on her nightstand. I looked at both of the items and got an idea of what to get her.

I put the items back where I found them and ran out of the room. I ran downstairs and saw Luna watching TV. I grabbed my backpack and was about to head out until Luna said, "Where are you going?"

"None of your business." I said and opened the door. I felt a tug on my backpack. I turned around and saw Luna.

"Zero..." She said. "I'm going for a walk!" I yelled and ran out of the door. I ran as fast as I can and started walking when I couldn't see the house anymore.

I walked all the way to a shopping center. I looked around and found a pet shop. I smiled and walk inside.

I started looking at all the animals. I pet some people's dogs as they walk past me. I looked at the fishes and birds. In the back of the shop, I saw all the cats. I looked at all of them to find the right cat for Luna. I stopped when I saw a baby kitten rolling around playing with a ball of yarn.

It had black fur and yellow eyes. It stopped playing and walked up to the cage. I laughed as the cat put his paws against the cage. I saw a lady who was working at the shop, carrying boxes walking by.

"Ma'am! Can I get this black kitten?" I asked. She put the boxes down and looked at me. "Sure thing. Where's your parents?" She asked. I looked down when she asked that. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I told her that my parents abandoned me and felt like crying. I tried to be strong so I won't cry again today.

"Hm... Let me see what I can do for you..." She said. She grabbed the boxes again and started walking to the back.

"Do you need help?" I asked. "Kinda..." She said. "Here, let me help." I said while grabbing one box out of her hands.

|Time skip|

I ran back to Jon's house, holding a box. Luna will love my gift that I got her! I slow down a bit when I saw the house. I looked through the holes in the box. I smiled and knocked on the door. Jonathan opened the door and smiled at me.

"What do you have there?" He asked as he let me in. "You'll see." I said.

"Luunnnaaa!" I yelled. She came down the stairs and looked at me with a confused look. "What is it, Zero?" She asked. I handed her the box and said, "Be careful!" She still had that confused look on her face and slowly put the box down. She opened it slowly and her eyes widen. "Zero! No way!" She yelled.

Delirious's POV

I wanted to know what Zero got Luna. I watched her as she pulled something out of the box. My eyes widen in shock when I saw her cuddling a furry animal.

It was a black baby kitten. It had a blue ribbon around its neck and was the most adorable thing ever.

"Zero... I can't believe you got him for me!" Luna said, still cuddling with the kitten. "Hehe.. Your welcome. What are you going to name him?" Zero asked. "Hm... Neko." My stomach twisted as she said that name.

'Does she remember...? No... She can't...' I thought. "The name, Neko, has always been in my mind. I don't know why, but I guess it had to do with something with my past. I lost my memory so I really don't remember what happened back then." She said. "I-I never heard that name before! Maybe... You got that from an anime... Ya..." I said.

She can't remember that past. That was a dark time in our lives and I can't let her find out about it.

During that bad time in our lives, she had a black cat named Neko. I don't want to go more into what happen since I don't want to go insane again.

Neko always been around Luna and never left her side. Neko wore a cross necklace and always goes on Luna's shoulders. When we were both insane, Neko always help us out. He was her protector, but never knew what was actually going on. One day, Neko got shot and Luna never forgot about Neko, until now...

Neko jumped on Luna's shoulders and I had a flashback of that memory. I shook my head and tried to forget about it.

"He's such an amazing cat. Thank you so much, Zero!" Luna said, while hugging him. I smiled at them. I'm glad that they'll get along soon.

-----------------
Sorry that this chapter was short but it pop inside my head. I bet you're all wondering what happened during Luna's and Jonathan's dark past. Well, you won't be able to find out until the next book! Mwahaha! I also found out that this story have 5K views! Thank you so much guys! Hope you like this chapter and ya. Bye have a great time. :3