Chapter 23| Smile

Delirious's POV

I woke up in a hospital bed with my leg being held up. I looked around the room until my eyes met up with a man holding my hand, sleeping. I smiled as I noticed it was Evan and put my fingers through his hair. Evan slowly moved his head up and stared at me for awhile. His eyes widen up and said, "You're okay!"

He put his arms around me, pulling me into a hug, and I started giving him tiny kisses on his cheek. I stopped when he slowly lets go and looked down.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Why did you save me..? You been through a lot of shit in your life..." Evan said softly. "I love you and I won't let you get hurt. I don't care if I been through a lot of shit in my life. I want to protect you more than myself." I told him as I kiss his lips. He slightly smiled and looked down.

"What else is in your mind, Evs?" I asked. "We won't be able to dance together in prom... Since you're going to be in crutches..." He said softly. "Evan! I promise you that we will dance together during prom!" I told him. "But Jon.." "No buts, Evs!" I said.

I started moving around the bed, wanting to get up. "Jon, stop moving or you'll hurt yourself more!" Evan told me and grabbed my hands. "I don't like staying still! When am I getting out of here anyways?" I asked. "I think tomorrow." He told me. "Ugh! I can't wait that long!" I said. His phone beeped as he got a text. He read it and then said, "Zero is coming to my house. I'll be back so he can visit you."

He started walking away but I grabbed his wrist and I yelled, "WAIT!" "What is it?" He asked as he turned around. "You can't leave me without a kiss, Evan." I told him. He rolled his eyes and smiled widely. He intertwined our fingers with both hands and we both leaned in slowly. We both kissed passionately for about 2 minutes. We stopped to catch our breaths and stared into each other eyes.

"Bye Jon. Hope you're okay soon." Evan said as he lets go of both my hands. "I'm already okay!" I told him as he chuckled lighting. He started walking out of the door. When he reach the door, he turned around one more time and then smiled. I smiled back and he walked out, closing the door. I slowly laid down and went back to a deep sleep.

|Teh Next Day|

Me and Evan were walking back to his car from the hospital. I had to used crutches for a whole week, which sucks because prom is happening this week. I promise that I will dance with Evan and I will keep that promise. We got to his car and he helps me get inside.

"Thanks for helping me out, Evan." I thanked him. He smiled at me and peck my lips. He started the car and started driving to my house. He was quiet during the car ride, something is wrong.

"Evan." I said softly. "What is it?" He replied. "What's wrong? You look a bit down." I said. "Oh uh... It's nothing..." He said. "Is it about me having to use crutches this whole week and that I might not be able to go to prom? If you are then stop thinking about that and smile." I told him. "Jon..., don't go to prom. I don't want you to get hurt more and I don't care if we won't be able to dance..." He said. "Well guess what Evan, we're going no matter what!" I told him. "Jon, can you please listen to me? I don't care if we won't be able to dance together! I just want my boyfriend unharmed and rest his leg." He said, yelling a little bit. "Evan, we're going to prom!" I yelled at him. "No we're not!" He yelled back.

He stopped the car in front of my house. He got out and help me get to my front door. Once we got there, he quickly turn around and walk away. I rang the doorbell and turn around seeing Evan in his car. He was looking down a bit then started the car. My dad opened the door and let me inside.

Vanoss's POV

|Prom|

I was laying down in my bed, looking at the ceiling. I can't believe that I'm going to miss the best night ever, prom. But, I'm only doing it for Jon's safety, I don't want him to get himself hurt again.

I moved to my side, facing my closet. I saw my red tux in my closet. I stared at it for awhile and thought about Jonathan. I sighed and got out of my bed, walking to my closet. I turned on the light on my closet and the red tux started shining. I closed the door and started changing into the tuxedo.

The doorbell rang from downstairs and Yuki yelled my name. "Evs! Jon is here!" She called. I opened the door and walked to my mirror, looking at myself in the tux. Suddenly, I saw a figure was standing behind me, wearing a blue tux. I turned around quickly and noticed it was Jonathan.

"Jon?!" I said in shock. I sighed and said, "I thought I told you that we're not going!" "Why are you in your tux then?" He asked me. "I was just going to wear it for awhile then take it off." I replied. He got closer to me but slowly, since I have a lot of stuff on the floor. He dropped his crutches on the floor and hold onto me, tightly.

"Jonathan, what are you doing?!" I asked him. He looked up at me and smiled at me. "Evan, smile." He said. Slowly, he started moving his legs, and started slow dancing with me. I looked at him in shock and started dancing with him, helping him out. "See, we can dance." Jon told me. A smile started crawling onto my face and we dance for awhile. I kissed his lips passionately.

We stopped dancing when he fell on my bed. I laughed at him and picked up his crutches off the floor. He got up and smile, while saying, "Evan, let's have the best night ever."

|Time Skip|

We got out of my car and started walking inside the school. People tried to move out of the way for Jon. I saw my friends sitting around a table, laughing. Jon and I walked over to the table.

"Evan!" Everyone said. I help Jon sit down and sat down next to him. "Hey guys, how's everyone doing?" I asked. "Good! Me and Craig have news for you." My friend, Tyler, said. I looked at him strangely and see him put his arms around Craig. "We're a thing now." They both kissed and I jumped out of my seat. "I KNEW IT!" I yelled out. Everyone started laughing. I knew there was something up with Craig and Tyler.

We all talked and have some good laughs. Suddenly, a slow song started playing. All my friends left me and Jon at the table to dance. We both stared into each other eyes for while. "Ready?" He said. I nodded my head and helped him up. Jon left his crutches behind and I helped him get to the dance floor.

He almost fell but I caught him in time. We both smiled and started dancing like we were dancing in my room. I felt like it was just me and Jon in the room and no one else. Everything was black around us and a light was shining on us. We kept staring into each other's eyes and couldn't stop smiling. Suddenly, I pull Jon into a kiss and we danced while kissing each other.

Jon almost fell again, breaking the kiss, but I caught him again. "Sorry..." He whispered. I pulled him closer to me and his head was against my chest. "It's alright..." I whispered back and kissed the top of his head.

The song stopped and we were back in the real world. We walked back to the table and he kept looking at me. I laughed and said, "What is it?" "I told you that we would dance together." He said. He pecked my lips and said, "Keep on smiling."