Jealousy

Chapter's songs: Be Kind - Marshmello ft. Halsey
                                   Invisible - Anna Clendening

Angelica had been ignoring her father for an entire week now, since when they had that argument when she found out that only got in the Romeo and Juliet play because he cheated. It even got to the point where whenever he talked to her, she would turn to some of her brothers and ask, "Did you hear something? I think I just heard the buzz of a bug or something."

Alexander wasn't even mad at her, he knew that deserved the silent treatment his daughter was giving him. He knocked on her door just as he did every night, trying to convince her to talk to him again even if he didn't succeed until now.

"Angel, may I come in?" He asked, but no answer came from inside, "I brought you strawberry croissants. With lots of cream."

The door opened no longer after that, just enough for her to take the plate of croissants before closing the door again. Angelica took a bite from the first croissant and huffed annoyedly before reopening the door fully, giving her back to her father as she walked to her bed and climbed it, placing the plate of pastries in front of her.

Alexander closed the door behind him and picked up the vanity's chair, placing it close to the bed and sitting down with a sigh. "I think you already know I am sorry for what I did," He said and the girl nodded, taking another bite from the croissant along with an entire strawberry in her mouth, "It was stupid, and I never thought it would hurt you so much as it did. I would never have done that if I knew."

"Why didn't you just ask me first then?" She finally directed a question at him.

"I thought I knew what I was doing." He shrugged solemnly, "That I was helping you."

"Well, you didn't," She murmured, looking down at the plate in front of her.

"I know that now. And considering my backstory, I think I should have already learned my lesson by now," Both chuckled. "So, do you forgive me?"

The girl kept looking down while playing with her lips until she opened a tiny smile and looked up at her father with a short nod, "I do." He sighed in relief and leaned forward to kiss her forehead, making her giggle softly before and she continued talking with a casual shrug, lifting the croissant to bite it again, "And you don't need to worry about it anymore, I quit theater anyway."

"You what?" Alexander's eyes widened, but Angelica only looked at him weirded out.

"Why keep going after this if I am not good at it?" She questioned with furrowed eyebrows, her mouth still full.

"Because it is your dream, Angie! You don't simply give up after one try!"

"Are you gonna make me go back now?" She asked looking attentively at his face and the man dropped his shoulders with a sigh.

After a moment of hesitancy, he finally replied, "Only if it is what you want me to. Everyone can tell that you love to perform, angel. To be the center of attention, play around, pretend you're somebody else. It is just what you have always been like."

"Yeah, but perhaps I want something different now," She shrugs and takes another bite from the pastry in her hand.

"What did the director say when you told him you quit?"

"That he was fine with it and already had another girl to do it anyway. The rehearsals had barely started so..." The director in fact offered her a minor role in the play and apologized for taking her father's proposition, saying that it was unprofessional of him, but Angelica declined.