Rough Night

TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD, DEATH, MENTIONS OF RAPE

THE IMPORTANT POINTS OF THIS CHAPTER WILL BE TALKED ABOUT LATER IN FOLLOWING CHAPTERS. IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE READING THESE TOPICS OR IF IT TRIGGERS YOU, YOU CAN SKIP THIS ONE CHAPTER THAT IT WON'T INTERFERE IN THE PLOT LINE! (just stay safe pls TvT)

Chapter's songs: Broken Girl - Matthew West
                                   Nightmare - NateWantsToBattle
                                   Let You Down - NF

"Sweetheart, can you please find Georges and tell him to do the groceries today? I have so much to do already..." Maria murmured the last part to herself as she climbed down the ladder and sighed, just finish cleaning that set of windows.

Susan stopped playing her violin and turned at her mother, "He isn't home, mom. He's out with Philip today, they are gonna stay the whole day in the library to finish that essay, did you forget?"

Maria closed her eyes with a low groan, "I did... And your father is also at work. I guess I'll-"

"Well, I can do it." The girl interrupts her mother, placing the violin back in the support with soft a smile.

"I don't know, Su..." Maria hesitates, thinking about the matter, "You would need to go Downtown, and there is no one to accompany you this time, what if you get lost?"

"After so many times going with Georges I already know the way, mom," Susan replies approaching her mother. "Please?"

Maria looks at her for a moment before sighing with a small smile, finally giving in, "Fine..." Susan smiles and her mother hands her the money and the shop list. "Be back before sundown, alright?"

"Uhum," She hums in agreement and kisses her mother's cheek, "Love ya."

The woman giggles, "I love you too."

Susan grabs the wicker basket from the kitchen closet and put on her shoes before heading outside. She took a carriage and through the window, she saw more and more people agglomerations the closer she was from Downtown after about 30 minutes. The carriage stopped and she jumped from it, paying the rider, and then headed towards the market.

She smiled while she looked at the beautiful tailor stores with dashing ball gowns she only dream in using once she still didn't have the age to attend them. However, next year it would change. Susan's 17th birthday was only a while before the Spring's ball and she was already counting the days. One particular red dress called her attention; it had many golden details and gems in the bodice. She thought that if she was a bit bolder she could wear that dress someday. But at the time, the lavender one standing beside it was way more attractive for her style; folded sleeves with a silky and soft white material making a puffy sleeve to the wrists, the bodice had simple but beautiful beads, giving it a soft look.

Walking away from the alluring stores, she reaches her destination and hands the shop list to the attendant, who took a while to finish the girl's order. Susan leaned on the counter and rested her chin in her hand, looking around after anything to distract her in the meantime. She noticed a tiny spider web in the furthest corner. The kid tugging on his mother's skirt to buy him a lollipop. A dog sitting in front of the butchery on the other side of the street hoping anyone could give him a piece of meat and a tiny bird that landed in a flour sack before quickly flying away when a toddler slapped the sack in joy to see the flour rise up.