A Little Birdie

Chapter's song: Reflection - Mulan
                                 Pit of Vipers - Simon Curtis

"He really gave you that?!" Frances asked with wide eyes, looking at the bible in Violetta's hands, who nodded with a happy hum.

"I'm glad we are finally getting along," She said with a shy smile, "Seems like he managed to put a rock over that old grudge he had over me and my family..."

"About time if you ask me," Frances grumbled and both laughed.

"Afternoon ladiiiies~" Georges greeted with a warm smile, pulling an arm around Frances' shoulders and earning a giggle from Violetta, "Ready for some good news, Vi?"

The blonde widened her eyes in anticipation, "What is it?"

"You can consider yourself a free woman," He announced. "I've talked to Todd and all is good now."

Violetta gasped, covering her mouth and softly saying, "Bu-But already? You were so fast! I requested that just about an hour ago!"

"Mission given is mission accomplished," He winked and the girl beamed in excitement before hugging him.

"What is going on and why would you need to talk to Todd?" Frances sharply asked.

"No big deal, he invited Vi to the ball and she didn't know how to say no, so she asked me to give her a hand," Georges explained, causing Violetta to blush in embarrassment.

Frances eyed Violetta and asked skeptically crossing her arms, "And does Alfred know about this?"

"Ahm... Well, kind of."

"Hhmm... Then that explains why my last letter still didn't have a reply," She cocked an eyebrow and Violetta chuckled nervously. "You can't avoid him forever."

"I know, but he would give me the same lecture about how he dislikes him, and I already solved everything, see?" She proudly pointed at Georges.

Frances sighed, giving up on that matter, "What matters is that all is good now, right?"

"Right," The blonde nodded.

"Then go tell Alfred that, damn it." Frances leaned closer to Violetta's face to emphasize her sentence, "By what he found out about Todd he must be flipping to reach you."

"What about him?" Violetta asked with concern.

"Nothing that you should worry about, only that Todd is worst than you may think, and that if I knew he had been hitting on you I would have done something about it earlier!"

"I... Didn't think it was such a big of a deal..."

"Everything with Todd is a big deal, Vi."

"What do you mean with OOF-" Georges staggered forward when someone hit against his back.

"Sorry, sorry, I wasn't looking- humpf." Angelica began apologizing once she wasn't looking at her path, but then changed mid-sentence into a grumpy stare when locked eyes with him. She stepped to the side to walk around the boy but stopped when noticed the blonde standing close to him, sarcastically saying before she could stop her tongue, "Oh but what a surprise! You're together again."

"Uh?" Georges looked down at her confusedly.

Angelica stared intensely at Violetta with narrowed eyes, who in return felt herself growing hotter and nervous at the resemblance of Philip's scornful scowl. Violetta looked at Angelica, Georges, Frances, and then at Georges again after answers at why Angie was staring at her in that way.