Beehave

Later that day, Frances, Georges, and Philip decide to talk a walk as Frances ranted about what happened with Alfred, Susan, and the sketchbook; of course, taking her time to say how bitchy Mary always was; and her encounter with Todd.

"Wait, Todd is back?!" Philip asks and Frances hums in agreement. She notices how he doesn't say anything else about it and seems quite uneasy, she then cocks an eyebrow.

"What's it?"

"Huh, nothing." He hesitates.

"I know you, spill."

Philip sighs before saying, "He ain't no good, Fran. I've heard he was convicted of shooting incidents, disruption of the peace, assaults... He even went to jail for a while and Madison had to bail him out."

"Uhm... Probably the reason why he moved so many times." Georges concludes.

"Exactly." Philip stops walking and touches Frances' shoulder, making her stop as well, "I am serious Fran, you should try to avoid him as much as you can unless you want big trouble."

Frances hesitates and glances at Georges, who seemed to be saying "Yeeeeah, I kind of agree" with his expression.

"But then why would he return to New York? He probably wants a fresh start. We used to be friends, perhaps that's all he needs."

"Yeah, when we were 12." Philip rolls his eyes and gets back on staring at her eyes. "People change, Fran."

She doesn't respond, in fact divided between doing what her friends were saying and what she thought that felt for the sunflower boy. Something caught her eye in the distance that made her attention be dragged away. Georges notices it and follows her gaze, finding the whole soccer team gathered around a tree just chilling out. She groans in annoyance by their presence before eyeing something else that made her grin maliciously.

"Hey, wanna see something fun?" She asks cocking an eyebrow. Before any of them could say anything, Frances knelt down and grabbed a rock, aiming and then throwing it towards a beehive hanging right above the team's head.

She missed.

Philip crossed his arms in amusement as she bent down to grab a second rock. "I bet five bucks you won't hit it."

"Deal" She replies already aiming and throws the rock.

Misses again.

"COME ON!" She groans.

"Wanna make it double?" Philip smirks.

"DEAL!" She answers once again, getting irritated.

She grabs a third rock and this one finally hits the beehive. It fell and crashed when hit the ground, starling the boys around it as the bees began to spread out furiously and chase them as the trio burst out laughing and high-fived, laughing even harder when the team had to jump into the lake to escape from the bees.

 It fell and crashed when hit the ground, starling the boys around it as the bees began to spread out furiously and chase them as the trio burst out laughing and high-fived, laughing even harder when the team had to jump into the lake to escape fr...