Dinner Preparations

"Angie! Sweetie, can you please come here and help me set the table?!" Eliza shouted from the kitchen as she mixed a pan for another dish for that night's dinner while AJ and James fought about something one of them stole from the other and tried to get their mother's attention to the situation, one talking over the other and only making the older woman confused as she tried to understand what happened.

"I'm coming mom!" Angelica shouted from upstairs, Eliza barely even hearing it due to the boys arguing around her.

"WHERE DID YOU HIDE IT?!" AJ shouted at his brother two years younger than him.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" James replied gesturing with his arms.

"OF COURSE YOU DO! IT'S ALWAYS YOU!"

"Boys, I am already late with this, they will be arriving any moment now! Can you please-"

Alexander walked into the room with baby Lizzy in one arm and a clarinet in the other, "Here it is, now stop making your mom crazy

Alexander walked into the room with baby Lizzy in one arm and a clarinet in the other, "Here it is, now stop making your mom crazy." He says and AJ grabbed his missing instrument with a gasp.

"Oh my gosh, thank you pops! Where was it?!"

"James' fireplace," Alexander bluntly replied giving attention to Lizzy after she sneezed, grabbing a handkerchief and cleaning her nose.

AJ looked angrily at James who had a smug expression and shrugged before running away, "JAMES! COME BACK HERE!" AJ screamed running after his brother, both almost knocking Angie down when she appeared at the doorway and they spun around her, James laughing as AJ tried to reach him. They ran down the hallway and the older sister staggered to the side, leaning against the wall as she tried to make the world stop spinning.

"You ok, Ange?" Her father giggled and she shook her head to make the dizziness go away.

"Ahm, I think so?" She said blinking a couple of times and both her parents chuckled at her, "What do you need me to do, mom?" She asked with a smile, ready to help.

"Could you please take the plates to the table, sweetie?" Eliza pointed at the china plates in the cabinet and Angelia nodded before fixing the pink bow in the back of her dress.

"Sure, mom!" She walked in a slightly lopsided way and grabbed a pile of plates, taking them to the dining room, doing her best not to drop the china, and putting them down at the table with a huff. She sights her older brother with a slightly annoyed expression and crossed arms, sitting at a chair a few seats away from where she stood, staring at some point at the wall completely lost in thought.

"Pip, you need to help set the table too"

"I just don't get why Theo and Mister Burr can't come to dinner tonight," He says, not even paying attention to what his sister just said but now aware she was there to listen to him, "Both our parents agreed with our courtship, then why she can't come too?! Well, I mean... I think Mister Burr agreed... Argh, why does it have to be so complicated?..." He covered his face in frustration as Angelica simply put the plates in front of each chair as she just let her brother rant whatever was on his mind.