Dinner Time!

The family had already passed one hour inside the same house and no one had started even the lightest argument yet, which their score was of five hours. Soon, everyone found a seat at the table and started filling their plates with the meal Eliza prepared for them.

"I am so proud of your skills, Steph! Those muffins you brought look delicious!" Eliza said smiling at her nephew as she put a plate of baby food in front of Lizzy and she started to eat the mashed potatoes right away.

Stephan stuttered and played with his food a bit with a side smile, trying to hide how happy he was for hearing the one person who taught him so much along the years congratulating him, "I-I-I mean... It's not even close to your food, but..."

"What are you talking about? Kid, your food is amazing!" Hercules loudly stated from the other side of the table, making Stephan blush.

"I still remember teaching you to bake cookies when you were only eight," Eliza added with a fond smile as if she was having a flashback of that day.

"THE BEST COOKIES!" Frances shouted and lifted her fist in the air by her brother's side, only making him blush harder and stare intensely at the plate in front of him.

"You do have a great hand for culinary, don't doubt that, ok?" Eliza kindly smiled again by touching his arm before turning to her plate.

"Thanks, Aunt Liza" Stephan timidly said, suppressing a smile.

"HEY! Man, that's my potato!" Frances suddenly screeched, trying to reach Georges from the opposite side of the table right after he stole a salted potato from her plate, almost turning over a bottle of vinegar with her chest.

"Mot anymure!" Georges replied with the potato inside his mouth.

"Frances. Manners, please?" Peggy quietly scolded Frances with a piercing expression that could be read by the girl as: "You're not at home, kid. Be educate here at least."

Frances sat back down and sheepishly said, "Sorry mom." Before showing her tongue at Georges in a grumpy manner for him getting her in trouble.

"Seriously Georges, how do you manage to eat that much?!" Philip said by Georges' side.

"Could you guys just stop bullying me?! Come on, I'm a big guy, I gotta eat to fill it all up!" He exasperatedly said and everyone at the table laughed.

Dinner passed by peacefully, everyone talking to each other civilly with a couple of laughs, some teasing coming from one of the adults towards the youngers, or simply recalling old memories. That night was being a true miracle. Their family reunions barely ever went that far, especially when the Lafayette's joined them, but that night was a special one. Gilbert and Maria requested that dinner and no one really understood why, even though some raised their suspicions, most were just glad to reunite the whole group after months since last Christmas' fiasco.