Game Night

Chapter's songs: Honey, I'm Good. - Andy Grammer
                                   Gotta Go My Own Way - High School Musical 2
                                   My First Kiss - 3OH!3

The night was packed with many kinds of people, all agglomerating over each other to grab the best spots around the field to watch the soccer game that night. Those sports were still something rather rare in the new nation, and those who managed to get in to see were rather lucky.

There was a secluded area reserved especially for richer people, it was the perfect spot to see the match once it was placed at the laterals right next to the field, giving those people the privilege to see the players very closely, while the rest of the spectators stood up packed around it. Thanks to Jefferson's name, Mary's friends managed to get those seats in time.

Everyone was energetic for the soccer match to start once it was the first time for many of them, including Angelica who jumped in excitement. Neither Susan nor Stephan attended to it because they simply found sports to be rather boring, both also hated big crowds.

"Why did you want to come again?" Philip asked Frances in a bored tone. The girl had convinced him and Georges to go along with her and they convinced Mary to let them join her, who already would have come either way with Theodosia once they never missed a game before, and Angelica quickly invited herself as soon as she heard her friends would be going.

The reality was that last night Alfred asked Frances to be there and see him play, but it wasn't like she would tell Philip that. "I just wanted to experience the school spirit, YAY." She pretended to be excited about it, but the boy simple raised an eyebrow at her. "And I was also curious to understand why those guys magnify themselves so much because of that. I mean, run after a ball isn't that hard," She sassily replied crossing her arms and Philip snorted.

"Ok, you have a good reason."

Many people started to cheer loudly when the teams walked into the field. Frances noticed when Alfred winked at her direction not even the slightest subtle, and she looked away, rolling her eyes with a tiny grimace, which made him chuckle and smirk. He looked in her direction every now and then as they announced who would be playing that night until he was called to choose head or tails to start the game.

"Ooh, did you see that?" Mary darkly chuckled with a grin, "That boy does seem like he wants some victory party after this."

"Excuse you?" Frances said raising an eyebrow, which only made Mary's grin grow.

"Tell me you didn't see him winking at me."

"Whatever," Frances groaned and turned her head back towards the field.

The game soon began and it rolled uneventfully until the end of the first half, the players heading towards the benches at the corners of the field to rest after a rough match that only resulted in a nil-nil score so far. It restarted and about 25 minutes into the second half, the visitors scored a goal. The ball simply swerved by the rival players and smashed right into the corner of the net and the poor goalkeeper had no chance to defend it. The match was now one-nil.

Alfred complained with one of the triplets, who argued back with him, but he shouted something else in a commanding voice while both rushed to the other side of the field. He also shouts something at Jason and Chris, and soon their team begins to dominate the midfield and pushes the opponents back into their own half. It doesn't take long until Owen steals the ball and kicks it towards Chris, who receives it at his chest and runs towards the goal, quickly burring the ball into the net and delivering the equalizer goal.