Happy Birthday

Chapter's song: Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm

Georges walked down the street with a smile on his face, heading home to take Susan and then go to the Hamilton's house, where everyone was preparing themselves for her 18th birthday party. The streets seemed emptier than usual on that particular day, thing that Georges didn't notice until an unsettling chill ran down his spine. The sensation of someone watching him.

He glanced around with furrowed eyebrows, then looking over his shoulder and seeing the hulky figure of a man. The hat covered his face, but he already haunted his dreams for long enough for Georges already know who that was. He then bolted into a run, the man getting closer the closer they were to his house. The sound of a soft violin began to echo and then quicker than in any casual day, the front door was already in his reach, and so Georges threw himself inside and slammed the door shut, locking it right after.

The music stopped abruptly. Susan pulled the violin away as she stared in shock at her older brother, "A-Are you alright? What happened?"

"We have to go. NOW. He is coming," Georges replied in frenzy.

"W-Who is coming?" She retreated with fear in her eyes.

"REYNOLDS!"

Susan huffed in annoyance and rolled her eyes as she shook her head, stepping away when Georges tried to grab her arm, "No- Georges, this again?!"

"What?"

"Stop with this fiction! He is not coming after me! He's in jail and won't get out of there anytime soon-" The dogs suddenly rushed to the door, barking and growling aggressively at it seconds before someone knocked on the door.

Georges didn't have time to waste. He knew how it always ended, and at least that once he would try to change it. They heard Reynolds' thunderous voice shout from the outside as Georges dragged his sister to the back door, and soon both dashed away.

Their escapade didn't last for long, Reynolds was already chasing after them no longer after. More and more people began to appear out of nowhere, slowing them down as Georges tried to push their way through, the people seeming to be mindlessly trying to drag them in the opposite direction like a wave.

Susan's hand slipped from his grip, her shrike of terror being the last thing Georges heard before gasping awake in his bed, panting heavily and heart racing. He sat up swallowing hard, noticing the sun coming through his closed curtains and illuminating the room dimly. He slipped his hand into Cherry's long fur when she laid on his lap, caressing her to calm himself down.

Georges would regularly ask his father about Reynolds' situation whenever Maria and Susan weren't nearby, which he would always respond with "I'm taking care of it. You don't need to worry, it's alright." And yet, those inconclusive answers never soothed his concerns. If it was alright, then why not answer him directly with "He's in jail and it's been provided for him to get into another state when gets out," or something similar to that. Georges didn't even know if the man was still locked up or if he was already out. All he knew, was that wouldn't have a peaceful night until having certainty about that matter. But he also knew that wouldn't get any answers from his father. That day, however, they would be throwing Susan's birthday party at the Hamilton's house, perhaps it would finally be his chance to ask Mister Hamilton about it and have solid answers.

Quickly getting dressed, he heard the laughs from his family coming from the kitchen before actually getting to see them. Maria hugged Susan in a tight embrace, the best she could give with the huge eight months belly between them, while whispering good wishes at the girl's ear at the very brim of tears.