Mr. West

"It happened again?" Frances asked in concern and Georges nodded after he told her about his latest dream, both leaning against a tree during the short break between their classes. She pondered for a moment before saying, "You are just too stressed because of the arrest anniversary. Nothing of that is going to happen. No one is gonna die, and Reynolds will NOT go after your family."

"How can you be so sure?" He asks deep in thought, his index finger resting close to his mouth as he stared at nowhere specific, "His 10 years' sentence ends this year and... Fran, I'm scared."

"Aw, come here big guy." She extends her arms, beckoning him with her hands, and he scoffs before accepting the invitation. Frances pats his back and murmurs, "It's gonna be ok... Why don't we talk about something else?!" She speaks louder, backing away from the hug.

"Like what? Your not so secret admirer?" He cocks an eyebrow and she glances away, her expression becoming sourer at the thought of both Todd and Alfred. "I feel like you're hiding something from me. What's going on?"

"I don't wanna talk about it. In fact, I would muuuch rather talk about your love life instead! Did you talk to Angie already?" She swiftly changes the subject and he covers her mouth exasperatedly.

"SHHHhhhhhH! Anyone could be passing by and-"

"Stowp being pawranoid and answer my quewstion, did you?" Frances' voice sounds muffled from under his hands and Georges sighs before lowering them with a shake of his head, "CHICKEN!" She shouts with a laugh.

"Oh shut up, like you would do any better!" He replies, grumpily crossing his arms.

"In fact, I would!" She prompts her chin up and he cocks an eyebrow, not believing in her words, "And ya know... Soon enough she will begin to have suitors... And we both know how lovely and good looking she is, besides she also comes from a well-known family. That girl won't stay single for long, bud."

Georges sighs in defeat, "I know, it's just... UGH!" He covers his face for a moment before lowering his hands again, "She does something to my brain, I don't know how to act around her!"

"Why boys are so stupid..." Frances mumbled to herself with a roll of her eyes. "Listen. I highly doubt Angie would refuse to go on a date with you. All you have to do is ask!"

"Ok, even if I do invite her, where would we go?" He questions crossing his arms again, leaning his body against the tree trunk.

"Uhm..." Frances hums thoughtfully for about a minute. "OH! What about the Spring's ball? You could take her! It's only in three months but better safe than sorry, yeah?"

"Well- But-! That's not- Quite a total terrible idea..." He attempts to find something bad to say about it, but he had to admit it sounded as a good plan. The Spring's ball was an annual event, just as the Winter's ball, so everyone already knew the date months prior. This would be the first time Angelica and Susan would attend to it once they finally hit majority, and Angie couldn't stop talking about the ball for a couple of weeks now.

"I know it's not," Frances smirks confidently.

"Did you see Lee?!" Philip's sudden question makes Frances jump and turns around to find him standing behind her.

"Uh, what?" Georges asks just as confusedly as the girl was, but she releases a low groan in irritation.

"Uurgh, what did that asshole did now?"

"NOTHING! THAT'S THE PROBLEM!"

"I... Don't think.. I get it.." Georges asks slowly, trying to understand what his friend was trying to imply.