Taking Risks?

"What the heck happened to you?! Did you get into a fight?" Chris shouted as soon as Alfred reached the rest of his friends and sat by the blonde's side at the table. His face was just as beaten up as in the night before, with scratches on his cheeks, some bruises over his back and arms, which he was grateful that his clothes could hide; and his body ached in so many spots he found himself unable to count, but still, he managed to give the group his usual confident smirk.

Neither of them noticed Frances and Philip passing by and the girl simply rolled her eyes, continuing to walk and ignoring the group, until she heard their conversation and stopped when heard Alfred laugh, "Nah, a girl wrecked me last night if you know what I mean~"

His friends went crazy, patting him on the back, which would always make his smile flicker at the pain, and Jason teased while still laughing, "Well, I hope this girl got knocked up as much as you did..."

Frances pulled her hands into fists but then she let them relax, "Two can play this game." She thought and turned on her tracks, marching towards the soccer team and leaving Philip confused behind.

The boys were unaware of her approach, keeping on laughing and talking all together, but stopped whenever Frances' voice called out for Alfred and they turned towards her, "Hey, Lee!" She sassily placed a hand on the table as she fiercely stared inside his eyes and made sure each word that went out of her mouth was loud and clear, "I heard you got beaten up by my father, John Laurens, last night after you failed to jump a simple fence to invade our house! I hope he didn't mess up you and your ego too much."

She gave him a last forced smile before slapping the back of his head and walked away. The soccer team went crazy over the news, Alfred feeling almost numb as the team hit his arms and made fun of him, "Oh my God! Was she serious, dude?! Did you get beaten up by your father's war enemy?!"

Philip lifted his hand with a smug smile and Frances slapped it confidently, "You always need to have the last laugh, don't you Frances?" He asks and the girl grows a matching smile in response.

"You know it."

Alfred watched them walk away from the corner of his eyes, the talk going on around him quickly changing the subject and fading when reaching his ears. He turned his head a bit further when heard Frances loudly laugh at something her cousin said. "Gosh, I love her laugh." He thought and diverted his gaze, "Yeah yeah, it is loud as hell and sometimes she gives those snores midway, but it is hilarious! It makes me wanna know what is so funny just to laugh along with her..."

Philip pulled an arm around her shoulders as they kept on talking getting further away, the side of Alfred's mouth twitching in a small grimace, which he tried to mask by pretending to scratch his nose and sniffing.

He couldn't stand Philip Hamilton. Walking around with that attitude and the golden boy armor always shinning, blinding people to see his other side, the side that could hurt people if things didn't go as he wanted.

Alfred could never understand why Frances liked him in the first place.

...

Susan and Stephan walked side by side around the college building, both avoiding eye contact, which whenever happened they would briskly look away in a blushing mess and slightly fuss with their words as they kept on talking.

"And then my father took me to a strings concert, oh it was so beautiful." Susan fondly smiled at the memory of a couple of days ago, "I hope to be in their shoes one day... Playing violin at City hall along with a big orchestra..."

"I would love to watch..." Stephan murmured and both became redder, Susan looking down at her feet trying to hold back a smile as Stephan tried to fix what he said, "I-I mean to watch a strings concert, I've never attended to one before! Heh..."