Rosalind

Chapter's song: Run Boy Run - Alien Ant Farm
                                 My love, My Life - Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

"I still didn't get why you insisted on ditching the carriage, Pip," Theodosia giggled, walking hand in hand with her fiancé, now just a couple of houses away from her own home after about half an hour of walking, "You know that we could have made it in half the time with it, right?"

"Oh, believe me, I know," Philip flashes her a cocky smile and lifts their linked hands, delivering a kiss to her hand and wiggling his eyebrows teasingly. Theodosia rolls her eyes playfully with a bright smile, now understanding the reason he wanted to make the way back from the restaurant on foot.

They finally stood in front of the house. Philip was about to give her a good-bye kiss when the front door was open suddenly and both jumped apart, "You're late." Aaron's stern voice made both stiffen and Theodosia chuckled nervously, tucking a rebel hair behind her ear.

"Sorry, dad."

"It was my fault, Mister Burr. I promise that won't happen again," Philip quickly apologized and formally bowed.

"It better not," Aaron replied with narrowed eyes and motioned with his head, "Come on, Theo. Time to say goodnight." The girl delivered a feather-light kiss to Philip's cheek just when a carriage passed by them full speed, startling them all. "What on Earth?" Aaron questioned stepping out of the house to get a better look.

The loud incessant barks they had been hearing, but didn't pay any mind to until now, grew louder, and Philip turned in time to see two dogs dashing after the carriage. He narrowed his eyes confusedly and murmured, "Aren't those...?"

"Laff?" Aaron asked when noticed his old friend further back, struggling to keep his pace. Both Theodosia and Philip rushed towards him but missed a couple of feet from catching the Frenchman when he tripped and fell to the ground with a grunt, the dogs only getting further and further away.

They knelt down to help the fallen man, and Philip said, "Mister de Lafayette, what happened? Did the dogs escap-?"

"Reynolds-" He interrupted with a wheezy mumble, struggling to regain his breath, "Got Susan- The carriage-"

The couple exchanged matching expressions of shock, but Philip furrowed his eyebrows when saw how Theodosia's look changed into a determined frown before she fastly got to her feet and dashed back to her house, where she didn't stop until getting to their stable in the backyard.

It was pitch black in there, and if it were anyone else, they would have mistaken the horse's white mane by a ghost once its black fur merged into the darkness of the night, but it was Theodosia, and she knew her way inside that stable by heart. Spirit neighed by the abrupt way she walked in but quickly settled in with Theodosia's calming voice as she reached for the saddle.

"What are you doing?!" Philip asked in a frenzy from the entrance, not daring to walk in.

"Going after them!" Theodosia shortly responded placing the saddle over her horse and locking it in place swiftly even without being able to see a thing.

"What?! Theo! What are you even going to do when reaching them?! He won't stop just because-"

"No time for this now, Pip," She effortlessly climbed onto the horse while Philip tried to reason out.

"It usually is me the one who acts recklessly out of us two! TheOOOo!" Philip stumbled back in fright when Spirit zoomed past him with a single command.