Mud

Frances had been in a rollercoaster of emotions the whole day long, impatiently waiting for the night to come. That break did give her the time she needed to figure out her feelings. It all happened so fast that she still hadn't had the chance to just sit down ask herself "What do I really feel towards Alfred?"

The knocks on the front door brought her out of her thoughts and shouted, "STEPHAAAAN! DOOOOOR!" There was no response and so she exited her room, opening her brother's door, "STEEEPH!" She quickly looked around but found out he wasn't home, which was unusual, but she brushed it off with a huff and headed downstairs to answer the door.

She smiled when sees her cousin standing there, "Oh, hey Pip! What's up?"

"Hey," He sadly smiles with a wave of his hand, "Are you busy right now? I really need to talk with someone."

"Ahm, sure, but what happened?" She said in worry and closed the door behind her after she stepped outside.

"It's the Theo thing..." Both of them sighed before Frances locked her arm with his and pushed him to the sidewalk with her.

"Come on, some fresh air will make you good," She said and he nodded, following her. "Now tell me, what's getting you so worried?"

"It's a bad feeling," He answered.

"About Alston, I bet."

"Yes." Philip points at her with his free hand before dropping it at his side again, "I met up with Theo a while back and we were literally just talking, we weren't even touching or anything... And he showed up out of nothing and made a huge scene over it."

"How so?" Frances curiously asked and noticed how angry he got with the way he responded.

"That arrogant bastard said that he is Theo's betrothed and that I didn't have business with her any longer and shouldn't be coveting for other person's belongings. That they would be wed as soon as he finished his studies and- I mean, what's even wrong with him to say such a thing!? She's not some fucking property that he owns! And I doubt she agreed with that wed thing!"

"And what happened next?" Frances asked with concerned eyes.

He compressed his lips before simply answering, "I backed off."

"You what?!" Frances let go of his arm and stares at Philip in disbelief, "You didn't say anything!?"

"What was I supposed to say?" He actually asks her, because he himself didn't know the answer to that question

"What was I supposed to say?" He actually asks her, because he himself didn't know the answer to that question. "Stop this bullshit because you're hurting the woman I love and I was here first?! He just isn't right for Theo, not only he is super arrogant, but all he cares about is his political career. He is always joining his father at his parties and campaigns, and drags her along even when she clearly states that doesn't want to- We all know Theo hates political games for God's sake!"