Chapter Twenty One-"Random Jam Session"

11th February 2015

"Stop there and let me correct it, I wanna live a life from a new perspective!"

No, we are totally not having a "random Panic! At The Disco jam session" at work. Of course not.

Alex's girlfriend, Laura, stopped by today, so I finally got to meet her and she is awesome. She's pretty much a blonde version of Merida, with masses of curls and bright green eyes. Usually I'm crap at talking to people, but it feels like I've known her for years. Turns out she can play bass and drum insanely well. The discussion about instruments lead to awesome bands, then "I bet that would sound awesome if we did that" and now we've spent nearly an hour playing music, Laura, Alex and I switching between instruments for different songs. Currently Laura's drumming, I'm singing, Alex is...guitaring? That's a word now.

"You come along because I love your face, and I'll admire your expensive taste."

We finish the song, and I'm grinning like crazy. "That was freaking awesome!"

"Yes!" Laura yells, raising her drumsticks in the air. "We are amazing! Not to sound cocky or anything." She gets up and we all do a three way high five.

"Well, we've got to head out now," Alex says as he looks out the window. It's getting lighter every day. "We should totally do that again sometime!" We grab our bags from behind the counter.

I stand outside the door as Alex and Laura walk down the road. The shop is already locked up because Alex is in charge of the keys, so I have to wait outside for Sparkles*, he said he wanted to talk to me. I wonder what about.

"Grace!" Sparkles* walks towards me, waving frantically. I wave back, grateful nobody is around to see us both acting like little kids.

"Sparkles*!" I grin. "It's been ages!"

"Yeah, a whole entire day. It's been so long.."

"You wanted to ask me about something?" He fake slaps him self.

"Oh right. You're single, aren't you?"

"Wha-um...yes. Why?" There's only one direction this is going in...

"Well, for Valentine's Day do you want to meet up, watch anime and cry about our lonely lives?"

"Yeah, sounds awesome!" I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting that. But heck yes to the ice cream and anime!

"Sweet. I'll see you at three on Saturday?" I agree and, being the apparent "gentleman" that he is, Sparkles* walks me home. In other words, we are walking in the same direction and he doesn't want to walk by himself.

At least I've got some company.

Ugh, I have a cold and it sucks. But it does mean I get to stay at home and play Zelda! I'm going to blame the cold on the mock job interview we had at school yesterday. Nothing good ever comes from talking to people!

Midnight