Chapter Five-Dinner

5th January 2015

"Im gonna make it bend and break. Say a prayer, but let the good times roll," I sing along to the music blasting from my laptop speakers, balancing on my bed and using blue tack to stick a Blink 182 poster to my wall. I've already put up a Guardians Of The Galaxy one and an Area 11 one.

Hey, if your brothers band leaves merch lying around, you take it. Don't judge.

"One night and one more time! Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great," I carry on. For some reason this song makes me think of the whole Lalnable thing in the Flux Buddies series. I have no idea why.

Once I'm done with the posters, I start arranging books and CDs on the shelves next to my wardrobe. Then I organise all of my stationary and makeup into the desk drawers so I can finally get rid of the bags from shopping the other day. This room already feels more like home than my old one ever did.

Bored, I scroll through my subscriptions on YouTube, watching a few videos to pass the time. We're going out to dinner to celebrate me "escaping" from mums house, so I don't have time to do much before I have to get ready. It's already obvious what I'll be wearing, due to the fact we have to look smart and I only own one dress.

"Grace, we're leaving in half an hour. For crying out loud, get ready!" Leo yells from another room.

"Fine, I'm moving!" I yell back. "You hear that? That is the sound of me moving and getting ready!" I put on the dress, purple with long sleeves, and black tights to hide my bruises. My hair stays down and I attempt cat flicks for eyeliner, which doesn't go too badly for once. I half run, half slide on the laminate floor to the kitchen and take the tablets I was prescribed and decide that I am ready before Leo. Which must be some sort of miracle, it's never happened before.

"Leo! Get your ass in gear, we need to leave soon!" I complain as I walk into his room to see what's taking him so long.

"Hold on, I'm just trying to sort my hair out." Leo is stood in front of the mirror, attempting (and failing) to make his hair stay flat. I reach up and mess it up, making it look more normal. He glares at me.

"It's better now than when you make it flat," I point out, and Leo finally agrees.

"Ok, Sparkles* is picking us up in a minute, then we'll walk together to the restaurant, which will only take like five, ten minutes.." Almost on cue, there's a knock at the door and Sparkles* enters the room.

"Greetings peasants! Your great and powerful leader has come to guide you!" He puts on a deep voice. He grins. "Hey again Grace."

"Hey Sparks*," I roll my eyes. "That was one hell of an entrance."

"Well, I had plenty of time to plan it as I walked across the hall!"

After a few minutes of chatting we set off for the restaurant, where we find Parv and Kogie. The five of us sit at a table and order our food, I order spaghetti carbonara.

"So, is there anything I've missed that I need to know?" I ask around halfway through the meal. "The only things I know are what I've seen through Twitter and YouTube."

"In that case you know that I'm part of the Yogscast now," Parv grins. "You still a fan?"

"Of course!" I've been a fan of YouTube, in particular people like the Yogscast, since Leo sat me down in front of his laptop at fourteen and clicked on a video called "asdfmovie".

"Would you be interested in meeting them?"

Not gonna lie, my jaw dropped.

"Um, yeah that sounds awesome!" I smile at the idea of meeting them. I'm definitely no hardcore fangirl, but I'm still a fan and love pretty much all their content.

"Cool! We can go in tomorrow at eleven?" Sparkles* suggests. "I've got some work I need to do there anyway, so you might as well come with us."

"Sounds good." We finish our food and sit for another few minutes talking, then leave and go our separate ways. Leo, Sparkles* and I wave goodbye to Parv and Kogie, and walk back home. On the way back, I realise something and start smiling.

"Why are you smiling? You're scaring me," Leo asks.

"I've just realised that was my first proper night out in about two years. I forgot how nice it was to do that sort of thing!"