Chapter Thirty Four-A Brief Chat

25th March 2015

Alex picks a guitar off the wall and hands it to this man who was asking for recommendations. By the looks of it he's pretty good at playing, I would have thought he'd know about guitars if he can play that well.

"Sorry to bother you, please could you help us out?" A woman in her late twenties asks. "My daughter's starting violin lessons, but we don't know much about which ones are good quality."

"Sure." I lead her to the section where we keep the string instruments. "So, if she's just starting, she'll probably want a beginners one, but don't always go for the cheapest one, you want something that won't break straight away..."

The day drags on, made worse by the warm sunshine outside that I can't go out in. Stupid work keeping people inside.

"Hey, I need to pee. Be back in five," Alex says. He leaves and I sit down behind the counter, pulling out my phone and waiting for someone to come in. I scroll through Tumblr to try and pass the time.

"Excuse me?" Someone knocks their hand on the counter. Crap, I think I zoned out. "Could you help me out Grace?" I rush to my feet and put my phone away.

"Leave me the fuck alone Ethan." Well I sound intimidating, with my voice shaking like that. I'm sure he'll do exactly what you told him Grace.

He smirks. "You and I both know that it won't happen. I've come to chat with you again. Remember my house? You used to spend so much time with me there. Wouldn't it be nice to go back there, relive the memories, eh?"

I literally shudder at the memories he's talking about.

"You know what, I'm alright," I say, inching back towards the wall. "So if that's all you had to say, I'm kind of work and trying to live my life, so..."

"I never said you got a choice in us going back, did I," Ethan snaps. He takes a breath and smiles. "I look forward to seeing you again, it sounds like your friend is finished in the bathroom. See you soon." He turns round and leaves just as Alex comes back in.

"Grace, are you ok? You look like you've seen a ghost." I sigh. What the heck does Ethan think he's doing?! By the sounds of it, the ideas of "reliving the memories" are real. He's mad if he's convinced I want to go with him. I'm starting to genuinely fear for my safety now. At least, more than I already did.

"Something like that," I joke. "Now let's get some of that paperwork stuff done, or it'll start breeding and we'll be overrun by the stuff!"

Just a short one, sorry!