Out of Mind (1)

Agent Wyoming walked further into his fortress within the Freezing Plains, approaching his two guards near a door. A red soldier and a blue looked up to see their employer.

Wyoming: You there, look alive.

He entered the structure as his guards glanced at each other.

Blue: Crikey, boss seems like he's in a bad mood today.

Red: No kidding.

Blue: What's gone up his burn Eh?

Red: Nobody gets in to our-

Blue: Hold on a bit, did you hear that?

Red: Hear what?

Blue: Hear that.

A gun cocked.

Blue: You hear that? Come on, you gotta hear that one.

Red: Hear what- Ohhhh, crap.

Tex rammed the butt of her gun into the Red's stomach, knocking him out! The Blue immediately opened fire, but Tex sprinted behind a wall and took cover! He quickly took cover and moved to the other end of the platform, catching a glimpse of Tex's shoulder!

Blue: Gotcha now mate!

A hand then grasped his shoulder before pulling him! Ruby thrusted her blade into his spine before tearing it out and throwing him aside!

Tex: Hope we didn't scare ya, fellas.

Ruby: You know one liners don't work if the person's dead, right?

Tex: Oh, come on!

The two moved to the door the soldiers were guarding. Tex had been tracking Wyoming in the hopes that he'd lead them to Omega, while Ruby went with her to finish him off and ensure Tucker's safety. They didn't have much luck until they tracked him there. They entered the area after loading their weapons. Neither could shake the feeling that they were running into a trap. . . . Upon entering, a Warthog crashed through the door, nearly ramming into them!

Ruby/Tex: Crap!

The Warthog crashed into a wall, which held it up diagonally.

Wyoming: Well well, look who abandoned their mates to follow me. I'm flattered of course, but you'll pardon me for not acting surprised, Tex and whoever you are.

The two had been disarmed from when they jumped, dropping their weapons during the fall.

Wyoming: And it seems you've killed my two best guards, oh bugger.

Tex: Oops, sorry 'bout that.

Wyoming: Perish the thought, my dead. Tomorrow' is payday. You actually saved me quite a bit of money. Kill anyone else and I might have to start paying you commission.

Ruby: Or we could just kill you and take all of it.

The white armored freelancer's eyes widened before he chuckled. He recognized that voice. . . .

Wyoming: Ohhh. . . It's been too long, Hawaii.

Tex quickly changed the subject before he could try anything!

Tex: Where is he?!

Wyoming: Oh right, and here I thought you were spending all this time trying to get close to me. Tsk Tssk. . . .

Tex: Cut the shit! Where is he?!

Wyoming: Yes, he asks about you too, Tex. It's almost as if you two are on the same mind.

Ruby/Tex: Not funny.

Wyoming: Sorry, but I can't play matchmaker today. I'm entirely too busy.

He backed up and drove away! Tex and Ruby quickly tried to jump onto the Warthog, but Wyoming shook them off by hitting a wall!

Tex: Dammit!

Wyoming: Ta-ta for now!

Ruby: Chase him! I'll get our weapons!

Tex nodded and went after him! He drove over a ramp as she found a sniper rifle! Letting Wyoming get away was a worst case scenario, as he was the only lead to Omega's location! Tex loaded the sniper with a tracking shot and hit the Warthog, he'd lead them right to the rogue A.I.

Omega: Come in Wyoming.

Wyoming: Wyoming here, go ahead.

Omega: Did she take the bait?

Wyoming: Indeed. Hook line and sinker, mate. Hook line and sinker. . . .

Omega: Excellent. . . Muhahahahaha!