Chapter 18 Loading. . .

Onboard the Pelican Dropship, a terminal finished something. . . .

Sheila: Hello, thank you for activating the M8O8- Wait a minute. Where am I?

The transfer of Sheila's conscience was complete.

Caboose: Sheila! You're awake! I am so happy! Look, we got you a new place to live! Now you're the big ship lady!

Sheila: I like it! It's so roomy! Much older than that stuffy old tank!

Caboose: And now. . . You can flyyy!

Sheila: Are you the pilot Caboose? Shall I run the tutorial program!

Caboose: Hm, yeah, uh, let's not do that right now.

*With the Reds*

The Red Team was still under the canyon and looking at the camera system, which showed their base.

Sarge: What?! They're invading our base! And we're not even there to defend it. Oh, the humiliation! Men, this aggression cannot stand. We'll beat all those dirty Blues all the way back across the canyon. This is the moment we've all been training for!

Grif: Training? We haven't done any training. Wait, is sleep considered training?

Sarge: Simmons, as with all our battle plans, I need you to punch Grif in the back of the head. Simmons? Simmons!

Simmons: Uh-huh, yeah, I agree.

Simmons: Everything you say is right, Red team is great. Hurray!

Sarge: Simmons, stop watching those TVs.

Donut: Yeah Simmons, give it up. There's not gonna be anymore pictures of nearly naked on there.

Simmons: Shut up! You don't know that, stop saying that! He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Sarge: Men, this won't be easy. The Blues will be totally bunkered down and they have Ruby hostage. They have both bases, which gives them an enormous strategic advantage. But we're the RED team! Sure, you might not be the best squad. You might not be smart, or energetic, or have any skills that qualify you for duty and any other legitimately recognized military unit. However-

Donut: Where did that flag come from?

A Red flag had appeared behind the sergeant during his speech and someone else was chanting.

Grif: Flag? Who gives a fuck about the flag? How about who's singing?

Sarge: But with precise operations, and proper communication, we will emerge victorious! With a little luck, one of us in particular, will die a horrible death! Either at the hands of the Blues, or as a part of a cunning distraction by yours truly.

Simmons: Why don't we just take over Blue base?

Sarge: Nonsense! At Blue base they're much more fortified! Blue base has turrets, Blue base has a tank!

Simmons: Blue base has no one in it.

Sarge: What?

Simmons: Look, see? They're all gone.

The camera showed exactly what Simmons spoke of.

Sarge: Where'd they go?

Donut: They went to Red base! That's what we've been talking about.

Grif: But which one of these caves leads to the Blue base? I'm all turned around down here.

Donut: I have an idea.

The pink lead them to Church and Tex's old bodies.

Donut: See, these are dead Blues.

Sarge: Yes Donut, we're all very happy about the corpses. Sicko.