Chapter 8 Yellow Fever

Simmons: Oh my god! What is wrong with you?! Why didn't you tell us you were a Blue?!

Kaikaina: Because-

Simmons: And don't say *high pitched* "because nobody asked!"

Kaikaina: But nobody DID ask.

Simmons: God damn it.

Grif: So what if she is a Blue? We'll still keep her.

Simmons: We can't do that, she's on the other team. She'll kill us in our sleep if we keep her!

Kaikaina: Do I get to do that? That would be AWESOME!

Grif: No she wouldn't. Besides, she's colorblind. We'll just tell her we're Blues.

Simmons: Uh, hello? We already told her we're Reds, idiot.

Grif: Yeah? Well she's fucking dumb too. Hey, we're Blue now.

Kaikaina: Woohoo, go Blue, let's win!

Grif: See?

Simmons: Oh please, she'll figure it out.

Grif: No she won't. In high school, she got kicked off the cheerleading squad three times for rooting for the wrong team.

Simmons: No, she can't stay. I know, we'll tell the Blues that we took her prisoner! Maybe we can get something out of this mess.

Grif: No way, we can't send her over there. They'll kill her!

Simmons: Why would they kill her Grif, she's Blue. It's not like the Blue team goes around killing its own members.

Grif: Oh right, because she's Blue. . . And if she's over there. . . then the only people that would be trying to kill her. . . would be us.

Simmons: Exactly.

Grif: And that means she'd be safe because, we're like the shittiest team ever.

Simmons: Well, I don't know about that. As the new leader, I have some pretty bold plan-

Grif: But you're not the leader. It was a misunderstanding. You're the guy who buried our leader.

Simmons: You helped! We're in this together.

Grif: No, I made digging noises with my mouth, remember?

Simmons: Oh god! Get me a shovel!

The maroon soldier rushed towards the base.

Grif: Yeah, um. . . Okay, you're a Blue.

Kaikaina: Touchdown! Woohoo, go Blue!

Grif: No, I mean. . . We're Red, but you're a Blue. That means you've gotta get out of here before Simmons digs up Sarge.

Kaikaina: I love digging! I wanna help!

Grif: No, you're leaving.

Kaikaina: Where are we going?

Grif: The other base.

Kaikaina: The Red base?

Grif: No, the Blue base.

Kaikaina: We have two bases? Awesome!

Grif: Move!

*At Blue Base*

The Blues were outside their base and on a nearby hill.

Tucker: Hey, have you guys seen Doc? I need him to babysit for a while.

Church: Yeah, I got him talking to Sheila. She's been acting real whacky lately.

Tucker: Oh yeah? You mean weirder than your average talking tank?