Unum abiit

"Is this what you really want?

A voice came from the inside of Saisei's head as she was trapped in the ice. Esdeath had doubled down on the ice snuffing out Saisei's wings. 

Her friends were still getting trashed by Esdeath and Najenda was forced to activate Susanoo's trump card. They were holding something close to a defense still.

That was only Tatsumi and Susanoo. 

"What do you mean?" She thought back to the voice. 

It was obvious who this was. The Berserking Dragon himself. Saisei then blinked and found herself in a void, it was impossible to see anything but the shape of something made itself known in the darkness. 

It was black itself but for some reason, she could tell how massive it was. 

"That woman has the power to cover a continent in snow. Do you want to kill her?" It answered her only to throw another question at her. It waved through the area and around Saisei almost as if it was weightless as something that big should be moving at a snail's pace. 

"Of course I want her dead." This wasn't her first time conversing with the dragon but in this state, there was something overly inviting about it. It was warm and she feels as if she could sleep forever here. 

Of course, realizing what the plan was, Saisei burst awake and activated her wings. 

"So you've figured me out?" Eyes then made themselves known in the darkness and the piercing destructive nature radiating from them was terrifying. 

"Yes. I did. You know, Esdeath isn't going to let either of us live out of this ice." 

"I actually have some long history with the demon blood flowing through her... That demon was the one that actually gave me that glaring weakness that is the mark on our chest...

"Your chest. We're not the same thing. I use you to fight." 

"I could kill you and take your body for myself.

Saisei smirked as she caught him there. 

"If you could, you would be no different from the demon's extract. Stop lying, you can't kill me."

The rage in its eyes amplified. 

"The only thing allowing you to talk to me is the blood flowing through your armor which is also in me. You can't kill me nor can you take me over. You're dead but can still be killed. Esdeath scares you, doesn't she?" 

"...Ardor..." the dragon growled. "I hate every fiber of your being. Which includes me.

What it did next... it surprised Saisei. It laughed... 

"Let's kill that damned demon...

Back to reality, Esdeath had just disappeared and stabbed Susanoo in his core. She whispered something to him as his body froze and Najenda told him to get out of there. 

His entire body was frozen and she kicked the ice destroying it and shattering Susanoo. As soon as Susanoo's core hit the ground, Esdeath stomped on it breaking it into pieces. 

Najenda stared distraught for her lost Teigu but not a single tear is shed even as things started to look hopeless. 

"It saddens me to eliminate an enemy that can stand up to me but I can't live or escape." Esdeath stared on at Najenda who had yet to move. 

Susanoo's core moved slightly and Esdeath smiled. 

"Even like this you still dare to fight on? You really were a true fighter worthy of praise. What was that thing Saisei taught me?" She took a second to think. "Was it... requiem tam in morte?" She gave the core a nod as it stopped moving.