Ad astra per aspera (Final)

"How dare she bail on me like this." 

Cecilia, along with the rest of Night Raid were met up in a field where Mine sat in a wheelchair with Air next to her under a cherry tree. 

Saisei all this time had nothing close to an appearance and thanks to that, Cecilia was here to take Mine with them back to their home. 

To where Cecilia and Saisei were from. After all, there'd be no problems with it anymore. Even if Saisei were to come back neither of them would have to die. 

Apparently... according to a letter from their parents a rule had been brought by the Phoenix that twins no longer had to kill each other. 

It would've been great news if one wasn't already dead. If only that news had come earlier they could've been with each other all along but now wasn't the time for moping anyway. 

"Now, Cecilia... don't be too harsh here... we have to somehow break the news to Air that her mother died." Seryuu was also along for the ride after Tatsumi and Cecilia forced Najenda and Akame to not fight her on the spot. 

As they start to reach the top of the flowery hill that they agreed to meet in. Mine and Air were seen with a nurse and guard under a tree that had almost looked to be placed on the top of this hill on purpose. 

They move over to the spot and Air, thinking Cecilia was Saisei, ran to meet them in the middle but slowed her roll as she got about halfway to meet them to realize that it wasn't Saisei moving with them. 

"Where is she? Is she running late?" Air had asked putting her hands on her hips. "She's meeting with me and Mine again and she's not here!" 

"Well... my sister won't be coming. In the final battle, she died taking down the emperor." Cecilia said it in as nice a tone she could muster. 

"No way? Saisei dying? I don't believe it." Air crossed her arms and took a deep breath. "That's not funny..." Her voice quivered a tiny amount but she shook it off. "Whatever, if she's late just say that! Now come on, Mine has been waiting for you all!" Air marched her way back to Mine as the other follow her. "Mine, they're here!" 

They all come around the girl who was still catatonic from using Pumpkin. 

Taking a look at her health, Mine was about to wake up. 

"Okay, everyone. don't overwhelm her, she's about to wake up in, 3,2,1..." 

At that moment, Mine blinked a few times and then looked up to see everyone around her. From just now getting up, she only seen the silver hair and immediately jumped on Cecilia in a hug. 

"You really made it against that beast Esdeath!" Mine said tightening her grip on Cecilia. 

"Sorry to say..." Their vocals were close but not close enough. Mine shot up and stared at Cecilia, the realization hit and she got up off the girl. 

She cleared her throat but was trying not to cry. 

"How did it happen?" She asked even though she really didn't want to. 

"In order to save the rest of the troops from some gigantic mech the emperor had sprung on us, she might've killed herself in the process of its destruction. We're not exactly too sure of what happened to her but Cecilia said she couldn't feel her figure around when the battle ended so that's why we think she's dead at the moment." Najenda was the one who wanted to say how it happened, both Mine and Air had simply choked their feelings down. 

"I'd love to recover something of her but-" 

The far-off screech of a bird and the sudden screaming coming from above caught all of their attention.