loricatorum proelium

It's been about a month and Saisei was adjusting to Night Raid's lifestyle with ease. Not that anything was too crazy with what they were doing, so far, it's been nothing but adjusting to the area they were in which was going smoothly. 

As of now, it was night and Saisei had her head in Mine's lap while Mine ate cake. 

"Hey, I'm sorry. It was my mistake that you fell." Earlier that day, while exploring, Saisei punched a wall trying to move some stuff around and the ground under Mine broke but Saisei was quick to catch her before she fell into the water below. 

"Hmph! Yeah! You should be!" She didn't seem to be actually mad. 

A cat suddenly dropped onto Saisei's chest catching the attention of both of them. 

It seemed to be staring right at Mine's cake. She looked to be about to give her a piece until it jumped up. Saisei caught it by the tail and tossed it easily at a wall. 

It yelled until it slapped the wall and fell down, with a puff of smoke it was just Chelsea. 

She got up rubbing her head, "Ow! You're not supposed to just throw animals like that, you know?" 

"Oh, but you're a human in the shape of a cat. I say it's fair game." Saisei gave a faint smile and folded her arms. 

"Hm, well you would have a point there." Chelsea returned the smile. "You win this time, then." She waved to them while walking away. 

Tatsumi walked over to them and stared at Saisei. 

"Saisei... I think a good way for me to get stronger is by fighting you. So, tomorrow, can you train with me? In our Teigu, too." Tatsumi seemed a bit tired. Well, he was out with Leone today. It would only make sense as to why he was tired. 

"Definitely." She replied. 

He gave a sign of acceptance and walked away while yawning. 

"Well, looks like I have plans now, tomorrow. I'm gonna head to bed, Mine." Saisei got up and started walking away but then stopped and turned around. 

"...What is it? I don't like how you're just staring at me..." Mine was mostly worried that she wanted more of her cake which she was not willing to give any more up. 

"Te amo means I love you. Also, I love you, Mine. In English this time." Saisei activated her wings and they turned silver. 

Mine turned bright red and before she could say anything, Saisei vanished on the spot. 

"WHHATTT! That damn woman! She can't just say something like that then leave! Oh, I'm so gonna hit her when I see her again!!" Mine angrily ate her cake but the blush still remained on her face. 

To the people who walked into the room after, it just looked like she was enjoying that cake a lot. 

Saisei, who was face first in her pillow, sat there not moving. She groaned. 

"Why the fuck did I leave!!" She yelled into her pillow. A knock on her door sent her flying up, she got up and quickly opened it only for it to be Akame. Her smiled faded quickly and she stepped to the side for her to come in. 

"You look disappointed." Akame said while walking into the room. 

"No, not exactly." Saisei shook her head. "Anyway, need something from me?" Saisei went back to sitting on her bed. 

"Nothing really. I just have a few things to say." She took a seat in a chair across from Saisei. 

"I believe that you do mean well when it comes to helping us. So, I'm really putting my faith in you especially after what you did to Sheele... but, I'm willing to put that behind us if you make up for her death with the downfall of the empire." Akame's dead tone and serious face make Saisei shiver just slightly but she had nothing to hide so her fear faded in time.