Uno vale

"It's amazing that you were able to beat him, Mine!" 

Saisei sat at Mine's bedside as she laid there in a coma from using up all she said killing Budo at the end of the last fight. 

"It's no surprise that it took all you had to kill that bastard... after all, he was eating my punches like they were breakfast..." Saisei placed a hand on hers. "Just rest up and come back to us, alright? I know you will... Air wants to say a few words to you as well but she doesn't want me to hear them. She's already hitting her rebellious phase, huh...?" Saisei smiled as a few tears came down her face. 

She wiped them away and stood up from the chair, she planted a kiss on her cheek and walked over to the door. 

"I'll be sure to do all I can while you're gone! I know you'll wake up one of these days, me and Air will be waiting until then, you just take all the time you want, no one is gonna rush you, I love you." Saisei smiled as even more tears came down her face. Not hearing it back was something she never prepared for and now that Mine was in a coma, she felt like a hole had just been punched into her heart. 

She wiped her tears away and put up a smile. Walking out of the room, Air was leaning against the wall, Saisei crouched down next to her with a false smile still on her face. 

"She's all ready for you. Don't say anything that'll make her worry, after all, you're going with her to the revolutionary army's base. Don't make both of your moms worry about you." 

"Are you sure I can't just stay here with you? I don't want to be away from either of you but I can't stand not knowing what's going to happen to you!" Air grabbed Saisei and Saisei hugged the girl. 

"Hey, Mine has to have some sort of face she recognizes when she wakes up, I want it to be her precious daughter she loves so much! Don't worry about the rest of us, we'll be fine, this time, I'll make sure of it. I couldn't save Lubbock and I couldn't save Susanoo... but trust me, Air. We won't lose anyone else. When you get back, Akame, Tatsumi, Leone, me, and Najenda will all be here." She gave Air a pat on the head and the girl backed up. 

"Promise?" She said in the innocent tone she had. 

"Of course. With how things are going, you might even get to meet my sister." 

"you mean, Cecilia?" She asked her as she does remember her a bit. 

"Yup. She's amazing and I'm sure you'll love her. As much as she doesn't want to admit it, she has a soft spot for cute things so she'll love you like I do." 

"I can't wait to meet her then!" Air gave a nod and Saisei stood up. 

"Say what you have to Mine. Come out to the living room with the rest of us." Saisei moved away and her smile faded. Without being able to see Mine or Air every day is certainly gonna take a lot of willpower to accept but she'll get used to it. 

Making her way to the living room, as she rounded the corner, she quickly went back around as she seen Tatsumi kiss Akame for the first time. 

"Atta boy...!" 

Sometime later that same day, Mine was on a makeshift bed before a medical wagon with Air already inside. 

All of Night Raid stare at their comatose teammate and mixed feelings well up inside of them all. 

"We'll be sure to take good care of her until she wakes up." One of the medics told Najenda which she thanked them for. 

"Mine. After the battle, we'll all come and see you, okay?" Akame said to her and unsurprisingly she got no response.