12 | all night

I wake up disoriented and exhausted, a weight heavy between my legs. I look down and see Clay settled into sleep, head nuzzled into my stomach, one arm curled around my thigh, the other around my waist. I realize that we're on the couch, and knit my brow. I have vague, fuzzy memories of Clay carrying me down here and putting clothes on me, but it isn't totally clear in my mind. Still, I can see that he's in boxers and I'm in underwear and a shirt that isn't mine.

I hear his washer chime, and quickly realize why he dragged us down here. My face immediately flushes with heat. Fucking oof.

Clay makes a small noise, holding me tighter and moving his head, readjusting on my stomach. I blink, looking down at him and warm. He looks... blissed out. I reach my hand down and card it through his hair, enjoying the moment. It makes my stomach hurt how happy I am like this.

To my disappointment he immediately stirs. Light ass sleeper... Still, he turns, slowly blinking awake, looking at my face, briefly yawning.

"Hey." Clay mumbles, and his hands start to move, stroking me at the same pace I'm playing with his hair.

He yawns again. "Sorry I moved us— wanted to knock the sheets out real quick in case we wanted to get horizontal again tonight." He says.

I roll my eyes. "So you want me dead, then..." I say, fake pouting.

Clay briefly hums. "Yeah. I think that'd be pretty poggers." He says with a stupid smile.

I reach down just to smack his shoulder as punishment. "You're a dumbass." I say sighing in feigned disgust.

I keep my hand on his shoulder, and start to idly scratch. He shivers under the touch, making small pleased noises. I smile to myself, watching him go lax on top of me and lift my second hand to his back. Double the scratching power. He shudders and literally moans. My stomach clenches with a silent exhaled laugh, hands briefly pausing.

Clay makes a noise of protest immediately. "Keep going, or I swear to God..." He groans out, gripping his hands down on me.

I laugh for real this time, and get back to work scratching him. The amount of time we spend like this is... absurd. I scratch Clay's back while he ragdolls in my arms, until I almost lure myself to sleep.

Clay's the one that finally stops it, grunting and turning to swipe his phone up off the floor. I catch a glimpse of the time as it unlocks. It's a bit past three, which surprises me, five hours gone like nothing.

I go back to playing with Clay's hair while he goes through his notifications, sending off a couple different things, reading a couple others. I briefly wonder what I did with my own phone, watching his screen over his shoulder. I snort as he types out a dumb tweet, and watch the proud smile spread on his face.

Eventually Clay drops his phone and yawns again, pressing his face directly into my stomach. "Up for some games or something?" He asks, muffled into my shirt.

"Ooh, yeah. What do you wanna play?" I happily wiggle under him.

"Fuck, lemme think..." He grins. "Have you heard of this game called... Minecraft?"

I freeze and blink down at him. "Die."

Clay laughs, making me laugh, then we both shoot up to rush off to his room.

***

We end up ordering food and playing games for absurdly long. It's already past 2 am once either of us notices the time. I'm happy we can still be like this, the reason we're friends in the first place.

I stretch, eyes closing, flopping down onto my stomach. "I can't play anymore. My eyes hurt." I groan.

Clay doesn't even turn to acknowledge me. "You're weak."