14 | friends

I startle awake, hearing a loud bang, identical to the one I heard in my sleep moments before. I flutter my eyes open, flinching the second I'm hit with light.

I hear another bang and turn my head toward it, the sound of Clay shouting fuzzing in. I barely make out the shape of him sitting at his desk, and punching it one more time, before I slowly sit up, smacking my lips.

"Slam me like that desk." I groan out, stretching.

Clay immediately spins toward me in his chair with his brows raised. He stares me down, silently, and I just blink at him.

"What?" I ask, breaking first. "What are you doing? Why are you staring?" I try to peek over his shoulder, but just see Minecraft.

"Why are you malding over Minecraft right now?" I ask, face scrunching up in confusion.

Clay blinks one more time then leans back in his chair. "I'm on a call. We're recording a video." He says, brows raised.

I freeze up instantly. "W-with who?" I ask, like I don't know exactly who.

"Sapnap and George."

"Ah."

"Ah."

We continue to stare at each other. Until Clay looks slightly to the side, surprised. I can faintly hear yelling coming from his headphones that makes him briefly flinch.

"Jesus Christ. Stop." He says. It takes me a moment to realize he isn't talking to me.

Clay looks up to the sky, like he's sending a silent prayer. He taps his keyboard before his eyes land on me again. "Can you— can you please— come here and tell them we're— tell them we're just friends so they shut up." He pulls off his headphones and holds them out for me. I swing to my feet and walk right for him. I plop down in his lap, taking the headset and rolling my eyes.

"You want anything else, buddy?" I ask, mocking him, already annoyed at the situation.

I pop the headphones on as Clay unmutes, then holds my waist tight. I lean over his desk toward his mic.

"I'm really sorry to disappoint. We are just friends." I say, then immediately grind my ass in Clay's lap, met with an exhale and his hands tightening.

"Daddy! Slam me like that desk!" Sapnap immediately moans, blasted directly into my ear.

There's giggling for a second, then a softer, "Why are you lying for Dream right now?" Comes from George. "Nice to meet you, though, you're the girl he was talking about a couple weeks ago, right?" Follows. George gets it.

I hum. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm really surprised we've never met before." I genuinely smile. "You too Sapnap. I like your music taste."

I laugh into the mic, and keep rocking my hips. Clay's hands tighten on me until it's almost bruising. I can feel him getting hard under me. I should maybe stop, but I'm extremely irritated that Clay wouldn't just admit we're a bit more than friends.

"What are you—" Clay grumbles out, leaning in. I push his face away.

"Shut the fuck up, Clayton. We're talking." I say with a smile, and get laughter out of both of them.

"You know what? You should be 'friends' with me, too." Sapnap says, and my brows lift.

"I'll second that." Comes from George, then a round of giggles.

I hesitate for a second, but know what I'm going to do, just to stir the pot. At least his friends can see how ridiculous he's being, too. I turn to briefly look right into Clay's eyes, then turn back.