34 | truth go brrrr

I hate Clay, I've decided.

His hand is firm, warm, high on my thigh, just kneading the flesh as he calmly and casually talks to our Uber driver. It's getting me breathy, fluttery, hips twitching in interest, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know what he's doing to me.

No one should have that much power in a fucking clown nose and eye-patch.

I lift my hand to his wrist and squeeze, trying to warn him off. He briefly turns toward me, searching my face, then smirks, and scoots his hand higher, up the hoodie. He hooks his fingers into the fishnets, playing with them while still touching my thigh.

Son of a bitch. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I huff, and turn my head to look out the window, deciding to forfeit and distract myself elsewhere. If I let myself keep acknowledging what he's doing... I'm going to moan. It feels that nice.

I drop my chin to my hand and stare up at the sky, seeing its a full moon, sighing, wishing I could see some stars, too. Sadly, we're in too big of a city for that.

I glance back at Clay. Maybe if I beg... maybe I can get him to— oh wait, shit. We've both been drinking. He probably can't drive. I huff another big sigh, pouting now.

Clay notices it, shooting me a look, moving his hand off, looking worried. Oops, he thinks I'm pissy with him. I catch his hand and drag it back, stuffing it right back up my hoodie, then lean in to lie my head on his shoulder.

"Sorry." I mumble. "I got sad because I wanted to leave the city and go see the stars."

Clay squeezes, turning in toward me, bumping me with his clown nose. "Why sad? We can go do that."

I shake my head. "We were drinking—" I start, but he interrupts.

"I've been sober for atleast at hour. Like nothing, no buzz. I can drive."

I purse my lips for that, thinking, feeling myself. I realize I feel totally sober as well. It must've worn off quick from the adrenaline rush and physical activity. Plus, it's been at least 3 hours since either of us had a drink.

I hum. "If you eat a meal, drink a glass of water, and stand on one leg for 30 seconds, I'll let you." I say, huffing a laugh.

Clay nods. "Fair enough." He says, then goes right back to playing with my thigh.

There's a moment of silence, then: "So are you guys dressed up as anything in particular, or is the clown nose just something he wears?" The Uber driver asks.

I snort a laugh, turning my face into Clay's shoulder. "It's a costume. He's um— uh..." I flounder, searching for what to say, but Clay cuts in, leaning forward to speak.

"I'm dressed as an Insane Clown Posse fan and she's an e-girl cowgirl." Clay says.

I groan, grimacing in distaste. The Uber driver just nods, probably having no clue what the fuck Clay's talking about. I plant my hand on top of his and squeeze, rolling my eyes at the smirk pulling his lips.

Big man really thinks he's so clever—

Still, the rest of drive is comfortable enough, getting a lot quieter after that. We hop out of the car quick, shuffling up to my apartment. As we get to the door I briefly cringe, remembering Ellie's guests, hoping they're not tongue-fucking in my living-room.

As I step in, Ellie shoots up from the couch, running up and wrapping me in a hug in the doorway.

"Dude—" She starts, and I laugh, hugging her right back. "Deadass thought you guys got arrested. It's—" She pulls back to check her phone. "—1am."