45 | deja vu (s)

This chapter contains adult content.

***

"No like it's actually super cool—" Clay rambles next to me.

About half an hour into the drive it turned into all straight roads, and he decided he trusted it enough to turn on self driving mode. I nod into his shoulder. I'm interested but... my mind drifts.

He's using his hands to speak. It's catching my eyes, and most of my attention. I'm watching him gesture, connect his hands, say something about the feats in coding necessary to—

God his hands.

"Mhm." I mumble rubbing my cheek to his shirt.

I'm listening. For sure... I'm...

"I gotta tell George about this later."

I perk up for that. "Just tell him now." I suggest.

Clay considers it for just a moment, then shrugs, shifting his hips to pull out his phone. He's quick in connecting it to the car, then calls.

"Dream? Shouldn't you be busy?" George answers.

"So I'm in a car right now, guess what kind." Clay says back.

There's a moment of silence, time delay, before George can speak. "Is that why you called me? To make me guess your car? Is that all?"

Clay laughs, splitting into a wide smile next to me, excited. "Yeah. Well, I mean, I like talking to you, too, but I've got important shit on the mind. Guess the car."

George hums. "Well say hi to my stream, first."

"You're streaming?" Clay asks back.

My brows lift in surprise. I guess it's time to be extra quiet. I lean back over into my own seat, carefully, pulling my phone out to message George on Discord.

'hi!!!!! im here too but im gonna stay quiet i think'
'after the twitter whatever' 1:37 pm

"Yeah! You still didn't say hi, Dream." George responds.

"Hey!" Clay says back, then lowers his voice, briefly giggling. "Everybody tell George he looks good today."

My phone buzzes, and I see it's a text back from George.

'got it 👀'
'Dream told me about the trip ages ago'
'hope you cool cats have fun ;)' 1:38 pm

Oh? Did he?

"You can't even see me!" George says back.

Clay laughs it off. "Guess the damn car, George."

I get distracted again, hearing Clay's voice as he banters with his friend. He's beaming. My eyes flick down his neck, tracing his body. I turn to double check, seeing that Patches is curled up asleep now.

I can't help myself.

I lean in, slow, careful, making sure Clay has the space and time to stop me if he wants. He turns to look at me, brow briefly furrowing. I close the distance, landing my mouth on his neck, planting my hand to his stomach and dragging my thumb along his shirt.

I hear his breath hitch as I drag my lips across his skin. I dart my tongue out, just to taste, reveling in the way he shivers. His eyes flutter, brief, as he melts into my manipulation. I drag my hand up from his stomach, to his chest, sneaking my lips along his jaw. I can feel his voice vibrating his throat against my lips and his chest vibrating against my fingertips as he continues to speak. He speaks to George like nothing is happening. Though, he's breathier, just slightly distracted.