72: Regrets

IS IT TEAM LOUIS OR WILL??

-----

I walk home alone. My dressing soaking wet from the rain and my hair all messed up.

I wish I could say it's all my fault, but I can't. Sure, kissing Will was a total mistake but grasping all my future options is my choice to keep. 

This is it. 

The end of my story. The part where I fall apart and everything else with it. 

"Sunny!" My lovely Aunt Julie opens the door for me, shocked seeing me like this. 

"What happened?"

With no words, I plop myself on our couch. 

"Don't you dare put yourself all wet on my furniture!"

"My life is over," I whined. 

She lifts my arms up. "It will be if you keep staying on the couch like that."

"Now tell me, why'd you come home looking like Cinderella after her ball?"

"Louis broke up with me," I mumble. 

"He did?"

"Why?"

"It's all my fault," I mumble again.

"Well, I kissed Will which I know I shouldn't have and I lied to Louis about Stanford maybe because he told me he wasn't going to college and it was all just stressing me out," I say in a rush; barely understood.

"Slow down."

"I kissed the wrong guy, Aunt Julie."

"Maybe you just had to. To know the right one." 

"But it's Louis!"

"Is it really?"

"Will basically gave me light when I was at the darkest corner of my life." 

"Didn't Louis do that too?" she says, fixing my hair. 

"Yes, he did." I nodded. 

"Ugh. I don't know anymore!" I plop my head on a pillow.

"I love him," I mumble.

"Which him?"

"You can love two people at the same time but never at the same amount."

I stood up and went straight to my room to take a shower then drink tea after. 

Me and Aunt Julie are in the living room watching Grey's Anatomy when our kitchen phone rang. 

"Sunny!"

"Yeah?" I ask with my eyes focused on the tv. 

"It's Ms.Lesley! She says to talk to you."

Ms.Lesley. How could she be calling at this time? 

"Ms. Lesley?"

"Sunny, I have good news!"

"I found the perfect scholarship for you. Since summer starts in a few months, I applied you and you got in!!"

"You'll be ready to move out during the summer."

"Summer? Already?"

"Are you still going?"

For a minute, I pause. After all, I have nothing to lose anymore, right?

"Yeah, I will."

"Okay, I'll tell them you'll be ready before summer."

"What did she say?" Aunt Julie asked. 

"It's about moving."

"You know I'm okay with that."

"Yes, I know." 

"It's your decision we only need," she adds. "And that is...?"

"A big ass yes." I smiled.

I said yes and Aunt Julie gives me a look.

"What? It's not like I'll regret it 10 years later."

"Will I?"