18: You're Leaving For Paris?!

The next day, Aunt Julie and I decided to have a pamper day after all the Saturday bake days I missed. I put on classical music to get us started, those songs from the '80s. Aunt Julie and I love the 80's, it's the best.

Aunt Julie lays down a towel and stuff like a face mask, moisturizers, makeup, bobby pins, and hair spray.

I hold up a packet of individual false eyelashes. "Uhm. Where'd you get these? I know you don't wear these kinds of things."

"Cammy stole them from Nora and gave me a pack."

Nora is one of Aunt Julie's friends. She's a makeup artist. Cammy is her daughter, I think she's 23 or something and she's in college. Nora was a teen mom.

"Ugh!"

"Cammy stole it, not me." She explains.

And she does have a point.

"Now do you want me to put on a mask on you?"

"Do you know how?" I hesitate.

Sarcastically, she reminds. "Of course. Remember that night you almost blinded me?"

"Yes, and it was awfully uneven on your face."

She grabs my shoulders closer and placed the face mask that smelled like Lavenders and vanilla.

"Hey, have you ever stolen my stuff; Aunt Julie?" I frowned.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen my beanie with cat ears knitted on it. The last time I saw was last year's Christmas."

"Hush now my darling. Less talking and keep listening to me sing. The Beatles are on!"

The hair is the one that takes the longest. Well, I suggested Aunt Julie make that donut like a bun with my hair. I've been watching countless Youtube videos on how to make it look perfect. When I try to, it always looked lopsided and sad.

"It looks like a cinnamon bun!" I demanded. Turning my hair side to side checking myself in the mirror.

"I give up! I can't do it."

The last thing I did was put Cherry Chapstick on my lips.

I'm blotting my lips when Aunt Julie asks, "Can I tell you something?

"Sure. Anything."

"I'm leaving for Paris this weekend. But I'll be back before Christmas."

"You'll miss my birthday??" I frown.

"I'm styling these models for Vogue."

Convincingly she bribes, "Who knows? I might get you to model for them."

I give her puppy eyes even though I know she wouldn't fall for it.

"Don't look at me like that you know it never works on me."