44: The Real Truth

ℓαѕт ¢нαρтєя ¢σмιиg υρ!

ρℓєαѕє ¢нє¢к συт:

 тнαик у'αℓℓ ѕσ мυ¢н!

(¯'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- *.:。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'¯)

I'm in the girl's bathroom, fixing my ponytail when Toni walks in. She turns her heel and walks into a stall.

"You and I always met in the bathroom, remember?" she doesn't reply. "Look, Toni...I'm so sorry for the other day. I didn't mean to intrude on your personal matters."

She comes out to wash her hands. "I don't need your half-ass apology."

She grabs me by the arm. "If you tell a single soul. I swear to God―"

"I wouldn't!" I cry out. "I won't! I promise."

She lets go of me and laughs bitterly. "Because you feel sorry for me isn't it?"

She turns like she was going to leave but she wasn't. "I saw you two kiss in seventh grade."

She was there?

In my first years of  middle school in a private school, I knew no one except for Louis. But he wasn't the first one I saw immediately that day I was new.

It was Toni. She was sweet and lovely.

We had almost all our classes together. But that she was talking about isn't Louis. It was William Franklyn Miller, or Will as we call him. He was a transfer student from Ireland.

He was kinda' cute. We all knew that Toni liked him a hundred percent.

Yes, Toni and I were close friends. But it wasn't until the first party I've ever gone with my classmates. My birthday parties were an exception but that party was different. It was Toni's birthday, in their basement.

Will suddenly kisses me when I didn't want to. Possibly, it looked like I wanted to when Toni saw it. But I didn't, I swear to God.

"You broke the most basic girl code, bitch."

"But why did you stay as my friend until Louis?"

"Because I like shoving to you face that I had something you don't."

"What? You mean, Louis? I haven't even looked at him that way in middle school."

"The only reason William kissed you is because I didn't want to. You're his second choice."

"I don't care about Will! He's dead to me."

"Trust me when I say, we weren't friends anymore from that moment on."

It all makes sense now. No wonder she tried everything to keep Louis and me apart. Comfort wasn't the only thing she wanted from Louis. It was the advantage of showing me that she will always be Louis' first choice and I would be the last.

"We were friends once, Toni. Maybe we could again."

"Grow up, Sunny. This isn't middle school."

She leaves again and halts in her tracks as she turned back to me.

"He's crazy for you, Sunny."

"Since that day you guys went to Big Ben, he knew it was you who he liked and not me."

I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, I know you guys fake dated. Louis told me himself. But then you two dated for real after that night in Big Ben, right?"

"No." I denied.

"He didn't tell you because he was so afraid of you rejecting his affection."

"I may not be that type of person you can trust, but I can assure that..."

"He loves you more than anything."