85: 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄

On the way home, Louis had already returned the Vespa he rented for the day so we took the bus. We were both quiet and so was the atmosphere. 

I get a text message from Toni. She had me set up with this guy, Gabriel. He's French and Dutch. 

I gotta tell you, the last blind date Toni and did was unbelievable. She found this guy named Louis but pronounce it differently. See, it's not Lou-wee but Lou-is. You know, with the "s" sound at the end. It was the worst, trust me.

I'm smiling at the pictures Toni had sent me and Louis notices. I feel him slowly leaning and peeking to see. 

"Who's that?" he asks. "He looks so plain."

"Why do you care?" I give him a look. 

"What would you feel If I said Willow was plain?" I point out. 

"Alright, you win." He surrenders. "So who is that?"

"Gabriel," I say in a French accent. 

"He's French?"

"You were never into French boys."

"Maybe I am now." I continue to look through my phone. 

"Did you know the French boys are players?" Louis on the other hand continues to ask useless questions. 

"They also love complaining." 

"Leave me alone." I scootch away. 

We arrive at my house. While Louis was on his way back, he gets distracted by a voice who seemed to be his mother! In my house, for god's sake!

It would be weird to get in there knowing we spent the whole day together.  

We get in and see Aunt Julie and Mrs. Partridge in the living room having tea. 

"Sunny, Louis, you guys are here!" Louis's mom cheers. 

"Mum, why are you here?" Louis asks her. 

"I visited a friend." 

"Come sit." Says Aunt Julie, patting the seat next to her. 

"So where have you two been?" 

"We went to the zoo," Louis answers fast. 

"Sunny?" his mom turns to me. "How was the zoo?"

"The zoo? Oh, it was great." I nodded.

"Do you happen to still see Louis ride his skateboard?"

"Yes...?" I nodded again.

"Oh, really?" she turns to Louis giving him a look.

Louis gives me a look too. I knew what it was. It's the "I wasn't allowed to do that" kind of look.

"That skateboard is dangerous!" she tells Aunt Julie. "I told Louis not to ride it anymore!"

"Oh, really?" I give Louis a mischievous look.

"Sunny, could you be a good girl and watch Louis for me?"

"It would be an honor," I answer kindly.

 I had my eyes on Louis since I now have a source to blackmail him if he doesn't stop annoying me with my date thing. 

"Sunny's going to a blind date!" Louis suddenly yells. 

Aunt Julie turns to me. "Sunny!"

"Louis!" 

While Aunt Julie was having a last chat with Louis's mom in the kitchen while they clean up, Louis and I are already out talking before they come home.

"Well..." He nervously stares at me and I had my arms crossed. 

"You were going to blackmail me!" he explains. 

"Good point. But why'd you say I was going on a date?!" I whisper yell. 

"Alright, I'll see you soon." We hear the door open. 

"It was nice seeing you again, Sunny." Says Mrs. Partridge. 

"Oh, and don't forget, our traditional White Party is coming back." she winks. 

The Partridges annual White Party. They had those until I was thirteen. I don't know why unfortunately. 

But it's a really elegant party with everyone obviously, in white. 

Wish me luck.