97: 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈 𝐆𝐎

Hello everyone!

Sadly, I'd like to announce that this will be the last and final installment for "Here We Are Now". 

Sunny was the most fun character I've ever written. I so admire the personality she has held all throughout the books. As for Louis, he will always be my dream guy even though he doesn't know I exist. What's important to me is that I support him with all my heart and will love him always. ;)

I had a very incredible experience with this book as this was the first one I've ever written to reach a ton of reads. 

Don't forget to tell me which book is your favorite in honor of this ending ;)

All my love and gratitude, plaidangel. <3

--

Here we go! Stanford is waiting for me. 

I've learned so many things along the way before I've reached where I am now. So many ups and downs. But it all ended unexpectedly. 

"I'm really gonna miss you." Millie pulls me in a tight hug. 

"My dear." Aunt Julie cups my cheeks. "You grew up too fast. Your mom and dad would be so proud of you."

"Thank you for everything, Aunt Julie." I smiled. "For being my mother, my family."

I hug Toni and Lucas as they both started crying. They all set themselves aside revealing Louis from the back. 

"We're gonna make it," Louis said to me with forehead pressed against mine. "We're Sunny and Louis." He smiled, raising his head. "I love you, more than anything. You are my person, my soulmate, and my forever best friend-"

I held up my hand for him to stop. "I love you. Three words, eight letters, just for you."

Louis smiled, gave me huge hug. "Promise I'm the only cute guy for you?"

"Promise." I laugh.

My friends, Millie, Louis, and Aunt Julie had walked away while Eric and I went to wait for our plane. 

"Wait!" I shouted at the moment Louis had walked out. 

I can't imagine Louis like a ship sailing away, fading into a tiny dot on the ocean. 

My eyes are watering. "I forgot to give you this." I hand him a velvet box. 

I bought Louis the same exact promise ring he had given me. Except it was quite thicker.

"Wow, It's beautiful." he puts it on. 

"Hold on." he pauses as he hands me a piece of paper folded in half. "Read it when you get on the plane."

It wasn't long before Louis and I had finally waved our goodbyes. 

He was just a friend until I fake dated him and realized how much more he meant to me. If all of that didn't happen, then we wouldn't be where we are now. Once Eric and I were able to board our plane, I make myself comfortable and read Louis's letter.

Sunny,

Memories. They say memories should be worth holding on to and cherish for the rest of your life. But for me, it's the person with whom you shared it. It will always be you. 

I love you. From the minute you were called up for the Neatest Award and you turned to me to see if I was cheering you (and I was), you smiled and that's when I knew; Oh, god. I'm wasting so much time in my life when the person who would always care for me was already by my side. 

I brag about you to so many people and say, "She's my best friend, you know?" And you're that kind where at the end of the day, I'd love to just see you and talk to you, the kind where I would desperately long for you. 

And now that your life is going steady, please remember that I am always with you. I love you Sunny.

Yours forever and always, Louis.

A tear trickles down my cheek after he reading those words. 

"He really is something, isn't he?" Eric nudges my elbow.

"He is." I smiled.

Sure London and California are technically 5,000 miles away from each other and Louis obviously can't come with me but I think what matters more is that I left my heart with him, I brought his heart with me.

The End.

(Playlist is coming up later!)

-

There's more on the Upper East Side.