58: My Man

"Tell me more about this young man." Miss Margaret says.

We're sitting in her office and I'm helping her fix up a new scrapbook. She shared a ton of new ideas with me and how to style certain events.

"What do you wanna know?"

"Does he play a sport?"

"He plays football."

"Football?" she repeats. "Not golf or field hockey or horse racing?"

"Horse racing? Miss. Margaret, he's not a prince."

"To you he is." she chuckles.

"Can I see a picture of him?"

I get my phone and pulled up a picture of the two of us at Dulwich Park. Louis was teaching me how to skate. He's wearing a black Carhartt sweater which I think he looks particularly handsome in. I like him in sweaters. He looked comfy in them; like I just want to cuddle him. 

"Huh," she says, adjusting her reading glasses. "He is quite an attractive man, I suppose."

"I don't know if he's as handsome as my grandson though."

I give her a scowl. 

"What?" she scoffs. "Will is definitely like a young Leonardo Di Caprio!

"I'll show you. I have a picture where he looked absolutely handsome in."

Any grandmother would have pictures of her grandchildren framed all over her office. But not Miss. Margaret. Framed, on top of her desk, the first thing you see once you enter is a wedding picture of her in black and white. 

She looked utterly stunning in her wedding gown. 

"Huh, I can't seem to find one."

"It's okay, I'll see it next time," I say as she sits down on the couch.

"So, do children nowadays still go to drive-ins?"

"Uhm...I don't know. I'm not sure." I busy myself with cleaning up some leftover cutouts.

"You and Louis should definitely try that!"

"Ugh, that would be romantic."

"Like my first date with Simon Bell."

"He took me to a drive-in in London."

"And...?" I continue.

"Oh, we didn't make out!" she yells. "We didn't even do it!"

"Why...?" I asked.

"Because I dumped him that night," she says, taking a sip from her teacup.

She is obviously such a badass. 

The perfect symbol of a feminist.