61: A New Game

OMG! thank y'all so much for the reads!

i open my inbox everyday and i see the sweetest messages, love you all sooo much!

can't believe we're only a few steps to 70k!!! 

SIDE NOTE: i highly recommended you guys to read: "UPPER EAST SIDE"

it's a book that i just started. 1st chapter is coming soon ;)

-----

I wake up early to prepare for Louis's game today. I called Lucas to help me and because I really missed spending time with a friend. 

Aunt Julie shows up at home after a night in Mr. Morales's. She had ombre lavender highlights on her hair. Pulling her coat hood all the way out, she asks me. "So, what do you guys think?"

"It's uhm...self-explanatory." 

"Like an easter egg." Lucas mouths.

"Michael loves purple." 

There's the tiniest uncertainty in her voice. It's like she didn't like it herself. I guess Mr. Morales isn't the one.

"It makes you look sophisticated," I tell her. 

I reach out from the kitchen counter to feel her hair. It's soft and light, unlike her old hair. It felt like a Barbie doll. 

"Are you sure about...Michael?" I asked. 

I'm honestly so concerned. If she can't be herself with him, she shouldn't be with him.

"I thought you weren't into Asians." I point out. "He's Filipino." 

"My standards have changed since then." Aunt Julie replies, walking into your room.

"What's all the fuss here?" she added.

"We're getting ready for pretty boy's game today," Lucas explains, emphasizing the pretty boy.

Aunt Julie pinches my cheek. "I never pictured you to become an actual girlfriend." she teased.

"Hey!" 

"Oh, come on, Sanura." she scoffs. "We both know you thought the same thing."

"I did," I whisper to Lucas.

---

At school, I leave Lucas in the bleachers while I sneak into the boy's locker room. 

I look around and no one was in when I feel someone grab my waist to a corner. 

"You're here!" Louis exclaims. 

"I am."

"You look great." I smiled, dusting off his shirt.

"I know," he says, proudly. 

The speaker calls their team. 

"I gotta go! wish me luck!" he says, planting a soft kiss on my cheek.