36: We Become Real

I move closer to him, and I reach out and trace my finger along his eyebrow that feels soft as silk.

"I love you too."

I put my hand on his chest, over his heart. I could feel it beating fast. His heart is mine, hopefully just mine.

I believe it now. His heart is mine to protect, care for, and love.

If I never agreed on fake dating my best friend, this wouldn't have happened. But this is the path we took; the path we thought was the wrong one but as we walked on it, we figured it was right. This is our story.

He looks at me in such a way that I know for sure―he's never looked at any other girl quite like this.

And I'm in his arms, and we're hugging and kissing. I know from the bottom of my heart that we both know―right now, this night, we become real.

Christmas with your boyfriend is probably one of the best. It was a bit sad though―it's just the three of us. At least we're three now, unlike last year it was just me and Aunt Julie. Louis did drop by during Christmas morning; he spent Christmas with his family.

Louis and I finally found a proper hotel. Our rooms are across from each other. I walk backward and so did he as we both watched each other walk away.

Once I closed my door, I plopped on my bed; which was, by the way, felt like sleeping on a cloud.

I let out a scream, so loud and so piercing. I cover my mouth realizing how ridiculous my reaction was, falling back against my pillows. God, why do I feel like this? It's horrible. How perfectly horrible that I finally got a chance to squeal after a boy kisses you. Well, he's not just a boy.

Strangely, I spent the night thinking―what made Louis say those three words to me?