64: Reunions

You won't believe what just happened 5 minutes ago.

I received the most unusual text I've ever gotten. 

A text from Toni. Yup, you guessed it, the Toni. She asked if we could meet up later today because she just came back from Denmark. By the way, she moved there cause her dad lives there. Yes, her parents filed for divorce months ago. 

I call Lucas for advice. There was a teeny tiny bit of me who wanted to come and some part of me was so hesitant.

"Hey, Lucas?"

"Wow. This is a very rare call."

"I'm sorry. I promise we'll hang out soon." I say. "I just need your help."

"I got a call from Toni."

"Toni!" I repeat. 

"Toni?" he gasps. "You've got to be kidding me."

"What'd she say?"

"To meet up,"  I answer. "What should I do?"

"It's your choice."

"Seriously?"

"You asked for advise, I just gave you one."

He's right. It is my choice. I mean it's not like she'll kidnap me again and pour honey on top of me. 

After my call with Lucas, I dress up with a plain white shirt tucked in some jeans, and a cardigan.

"Where are you going?" Aunt Julie asked, popping her head out from the kitchen.

"To Louis." I lied. I didn't want her to worry. She'll probably end up not allowing me anyway.

"I don't know why came here." I sit in front of Toni at a table. 

"I have a shoot today. Wanna come?" she says, kindly.

"No..." I hesitate. "Why would I believe you after you kidnapped me and poured honey on me?"

"It was pancake syrup."

"Even so." I scoffed. "You still did it."

"Come on."

"That was months ago," she explained. "I'm over it. Plus, I'm not lying. Please come. My mom's managing it."

We arrive at a studio near the river. It's Toni's mom. Of course, it would be here.

"Mrs. Walker."I greeted. "How are you?"

"Sunny." she gives me a hug. "I've been good, how about you?"

"Great."

"You girls should do the shoot," she suggested. "It's been so long since you too last did."

"I'm sorry Mrs.Walker, I think I've lost my skills." I point out. "Besides, it's been too long since I quitted modeling."

"Which is exactly why you should do it!" Toni says, pulling me to the plain white background surrounded by lights. 

It felt strange yet fun. She did really change, physically, mentally, and socially. She's like a whole new person!

But I shouldn't trust her too soon. 

For now, I should have fun.