37: Back Home

It's been 2 weeks since we came home from Paris. It's been two weeks since Louis and I have been dating, for real.

Our school is hosting this fundraiser in support of a campaign focusing on Climate Change. Each school club; academic or non-academic will provide a booth each.

The club where I belong is the baking club. We planned on doing a cakewalk. Yes, it does sound boring and it is. Don't blame me, I'm the club's president.

At the cakewalk, you would be required to walk around a variety of cakes with numbers, like musical chairs. When the music stops, wherever the number you end up in front of, is the cake you have to taste.

Certainly, people will just walk around in music and mark in their minds whatever cake they desire. But beyond that, there isn't much. See? It's boring. It's the game where no skill is needed. You literally just walk around with music from the '60s. 

Sure you can get out and buy what cake you went instead of wasting your money on walking cakes you don't like. That thrill of tasting a different flavor is what makes a bit fun.

Cherry, who was designed to help add the finishing touches on my cake is busy flirting with Trevor Olsen when Louis walks in with his little sister Millie. Millie walks to me to say hi and goes away to check out the other cakes.

"Which cake is yours? The chocolate one?"

My head snaps up. "How dare you? I would never buy a grocery cake for this."

"I was joking Sunny. Yours is the caramel one. I can tell by the way it's frosted; fancy."

He plants a kiss on my cheek. "The game's later, by the way."

"Yeah, yeah."