93: 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓

I DID AGREE ON THREE DATES.

Louis had promised me exactly and only three dates. 

There's no such thing as giving another chance because he already had one since I saw him again.

I really love Louis. And I know he does too. 

I thought about Willow after last night because let's face it, she doesn't deserve what just happened. All she did was be nice to me and I believe this isn't the right thing to give in return. 

Although, I can't just let go of Louis for her because I also love him. 

And so, here I am, rushing to go down the stairs to meet Willow. I can't call her and ask where she is. However, I noticed how she occasionally walks through the bridge every afternoon after her art classes.

Almost a step downstairs, I see Eric sitting down looking sad.

"Hey, you alright?" I ask, sitting next to him. I haven't seen him get this quite emotional before. 

"Yeah..." he sighs.

"It's Millie, isn't it?"

He lets out a small noise which I'll take as a yes. "You guys are still young."

"You keep telling me that." Eric turns his head to me. 

"Because it's true. Look, I know you're probably worrying about what happens when we go back."

"It just..." he begins. "Feels so right."

"Did you feel the same way with Louis too?"

"You know, it took me to realize that I did. Luckily, you already do." I mess up his hair. 

I took a bike on the way to the bridge so I don't miss Willow. Once I arrived, I looked everywhere, I turn from one side and to another. 

And there she was, with her casual attire amidst the wind blowing her hair as she took pictures of her view. 

"Willow!" I hasten to her.

"Sunny." she radiates a slight smile. "Hey."

"I'm sorry I didn't-"

"Hey, it's not your fault." she skips my words. "It was my decision. I mean it was quite hard but I had to believe in myself."

"You've always had this something that made Louis really love you."

"Even though he doesn't admit it, I can feel it so badly. And every time he'd talk to you, I could really feel the sparks flying around both of you. I had to let him go because I can't suffocate him to be with someone he doesn't even love. And that's not me."

"There's a lot more out there waiting for you, Willow." I smile at her. "And letting go is your gateway to discovering all of it."

She gives me a hug with her tears falling down. "You've been so nice to me, Sunny."

"God, I thought it was destiny." she wipes her tears with a chuckle.

"Let me give you advice then." I begin. "Destiny is for losers."

"Because you just sit there and wait for things to happen without even working hard to reach it."

"Willow, it's not faith and it's most definitely not destiny. It starts in you."

"Thank you, Sunny." she holds my hand.

After, Willow and I had talked a little and went our separate ways as I walked myself home when I spot Louis standing in front of our gate with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Uhm..." I sneak behind him. "What are you doing here?"

"We're going on our first date." he hands me the flowers.

"Lilies, How'd you know these are my favorite?" I sniff the flowers.

"Anyway, now?!"

"Yeah." Louis nods. "Besides, you're leaving in a week."

"So where are we going?" 

"You'll see."

We stop by at a familiar street when a sudden bright light catches my eye.

"The diner?" I turn to Louis. "Seriously? Out of all the places?"

"Just get in!" He pushes me through the doors when suddenly all the lights go off.

"Louis?!" I freak as I turned around and he wasn't there. 

A candle lights up from afar. I walk slowly to approach when another swiftly lights up as well with more and more, turning into a trail of candles with Louis at the very end of it. 

I smile and get a nervous feeling in my stomach. There have been butterflies in there waiting for this to happen.

"What's this?" I ask Louis.

"The most romantic gesture ever." He answers me.

"But also they agreed because you're their favorite customer." He adds with a wink.

After dinner, Louis gives me a walk home when suddenly my stomach started aching. 

"Are you okay?" Louis becomes alarmed at what I looked like.

"Yeah." I gulp. 

We end up at a convenience store where Louis bought me some medicine.

"We're you that uncomfortable?" He hands me a bottle of water and a pill.

"I was not." I blush. "It was so sweet. I just got nervous that's all."

"This is quite nice." He smiles and I thought he would've been disappointed by how I responded to his efforts.

"You being nervous around me means you're getting more aware of who I am." 

"Just promise me you won't get sick next time, will you?" He winks.

"I promise."