50: First Day

Today is my first day at Aunt Julie's office. The Junior Designer's Program was mainly the CEO's idea.

Here's the thing. Each volunteer will be given a model to style. It's kinda' funny when you come to think of it. I mean, before it was just me being styled like the model and now, it's me who gets to style the model.

I go to the building with Aunt Julie. The place was tall and it had huge windows and the entrance was so fancy.

"Don't tell me this is the place you work at, Aunt Julie," I say sarcastically.

"Which is why we moved here," she replies.

We walk into the company's president's office which I find really hard to call "office". It had a cart in a corner with glass bottles of Highland Spring at the bottom and wine on the top.

There was a small little living space on the left and her table was huge and classy.

Aunt Julie introduces me briefly. "Miss Margaret, this is my niece. She's joining the designer's team."

"I see." She puts down her reading glasses.

"I'm Margaret Miller," she says, offering me a handshake.

"Hi, I'm Sunny." I smiled.

"Wait." Miss Margaret pauses. "Aren't you a model already?"

"Yes, I mean, I was." I nodded. "I wanted to explore more things."

"That's great."

"Now, Julie?"

"Yes?" Aunt Julie replies.

"Get to work. I'll take care of Sunny over here."

Aunt Julie leaves the room and so did me and Miss Margaret. She took to the elevator then to an enormous room where other girls and boys that are probably my age sat.

"Here are the other designers you'll be working with." she points to the other side of the room. "And those are the models."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a woman who looked like her assistant came up to us.

"Ma'am your grandson said he's gonna be a little late."

"Late?" she asked. "Ok, tell him all the models are here already."

Miss Margaret shifts her head to me. "Good luck."