65: Throwback Party

hey everyone!!🤗

sadly, I'd like to announce that book 2 is ending after a couple more chapters.🥲

do you think this deserves a book 3? 🤔🤔

also, I'd like to say thank you again to those who send the sweetest messages in my inbox!! 💌

love y'all so so much!!💋

"UPPER EAST SIDE" starring: Louis Partridge, Lilia Buckingham, Jaeden Martell, Mabel Chee, and more! chapters are coming soon!!! all character introductions are now published!! hihihi IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!!! I SWEAR Y'ALL ARE GONNA LOVE IT!!

------

Yesterday was fun. Honestly, Toni really did change. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not fully convinced that she has. 

But today, she invited me to her birthday party. I didn't want to tell Louis because he'd either get worried or just tell me not to go. 

What worries me is the fact that he might be invited as well. If he does, wouldn't that also mean he lied to me?? Nah, it's fair enough if he does. 

I'm sneakily walking my way out of our apartment when Aunt Julie catches me. 

"Where are you going?" she raises a brow.

"School." I blurt out. 

"School? It's 8:00. Sanura, what's going on?" 

"I have a group study," I explained. 

"You never liked studying in groups." she points out suspiciously. 

I gulp. "A group activity." 

She gives me a look. That look that just makes you wanna say every single lie in your life. And so I tell the truth.

"I'm going to Toni's birthday and she invited me yesterday and her mom insisted too so I clearly never got a chance to a no," I say in a rush. 

To my relief, she allowed me to go. Told me to bring pepper spray and joked about bringing extra clothes. 

You all know the last time...

Aunt Julie insisted on bringing me there herself. Once we parked in front, there were a lot of people. Probably from our school and her new one. Loud music was heard from inside. 

"Not much what I had in mind when you said 'tea'." 

"I gotta go!" I unbuckle my seatbelt quickly. 

"Hey! be home by 12!" 

I scan the place. It was too crowded for me. 

Admittedly, I haven't gone to a party like this. An actual high school party. I never expected myself at the edge of Year 13 in front of a full house party. 

 However, I only had one objective. And that is to find out if Toni is trustworthy. 

Bothered with the loud music and people, I wasn't paying attention to my way. 

I bumped into someone. Someone tall. And this person smells familiar. As if it smells like my hoodie. I only wear one person's hoodie. 

And it always has to be Louis'.

"Sunny?" Louis gasps. 

"L-Louis." I stutter nervously. 

"What are you doing here?!" he yells over the loud crowd as he pulls me to a quiet corner. 

 "As that to yourself."

"I got a last-minute call," he says. "And I assume that you didn't."

"Louis I'm sorry-"

"You should've told me." Louis interrupts. "I could've come here as your date."

"It a party like this,