Rising Tides

EARTH-38: NATIONAL CITY CEMETERY.

Would anyone care to speak on behalf of the deceased?" The priest asked the group that was around Winn, Kara was next to him and Barry was next to Kara. Alex, Mon-El, and Alura were there as well as James. 

Winn was silent, Kara shook her head, the priest nodded and pressed the button, lowering the coffin into the ground. Barry put a comforting hand on Winn's shoulder.

Winn picked up some of the dirt that was sprinkled on the coffin, threw it at the coffin, and scoffed at his dead dad. No one would be missing him. 

"Winn?" A woman called from a few feet away from him. Winn turned his head around slowly.

"Do you recognize me... It's been a while," His mother told him.

Kara turned around to look, Barry linked their hands together as they braced for Winn's reaction.

"I know how long it's been, you just missed him," Winn sarcastically told her.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, I never missed him." His mother stepped closer.

"Oh, so you're here for me? Wow, mom, it's a little late." He said with heavy sarcasm.

"You have every right to be furious with me-"

"Oh, thank you, thank you for your permission," He said in anger.

"You don't understand yet, but we're finally safe." 

Just when she finished her sentence, Alura and Kara heard a chiming tune playing inside the box, then they heard a ticking sound. Barry heard it too as well as the others.

"I have a bad feeling about that sound," Alura muttered.

"I feel it too," Kara responded.

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" Kara shouted, Alura sped the priest out of there as well as James, Barry grabbed Alex and also created some distance between them and the bomb, Mon-El sped away from the bomb, Kara got Winn and his mother to safety. 

"Bastard always wanted to go out with a bang!" Winn's mother said loudly.

After all that happened, Alex was checking on Winn's mom, Barry walked toward where Kara and Alura were watching from afar. Barry walked up to Winn who was lost in his thoughts.

"Hey Winn, I'm sorry you had to even go through this, no one deserves a monster like that as a father."

"Thank you, Barry, thank you for understanding me."

Barry smiled and patted Winn's shoulder.

"If you need someone to listen to, I and Kara would be happy to do so."

"Thanks, pal, I'll keep that in mind," Winn responded, he hugged Barry, Barry walked off to where Kara was.

"Hey Sunflower," Barry murmured as he wrapped his arms around Kara's waist and kissed her.

"Hey yourself handsome," Kara responded.

"Listen, Alura and I are going back to Earth-1 to track down Devoe and figure out his plan, I know that you are busy with Reign, so we must be going," Barry told her, Kara nodded in understanding. 

Winn walked up to Alura, Alura smiled at him. 

"Did you analyze the suit?" She asked as she extended her palm, all the nannies flew into her wrist and disappeared under her long sleeve shirt.

"I sure did, and pretty soon when we have the tech to make it, I'll be flying, just like you."

"Very well, I'll make sure I see that happen, Winn," Alura told him, Winn nodded and walked off.