Rook

I apologize for the delay, I was very very busy, but here's the next chapter, I'll post the next one ASAP when I'm done editing it. Thank you, and enjoy.

"Alura?" Lia's voice faintly resonated through Alura's ears, along with another familiar song.

Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my Poker Face!

"Alura? Alura? Oh, I knew an oldie would wake you up!" Lia cheerfully said. Alura was in a hospital gown.

"On your left," Steve softly told her. Alura smiled and shook her head, looking at Steve.

"Well look who it is, if it isn't the illustrious Captain Olsen, have you come to my rescue?" Alura quipped.

"Well, you couldn't handle being alone on a case, so of course I had to jump in," Steve told her.

"What about Dawn and Bart?" She asked.

"They're okay, worried sick, but they'll be fine," Steve assured her.

"Alright, alright, listen, don't freak, we're in a hospital, I'm in for a burn on my hand and you for a whole lot more," Lia interrupted.

"What about Doctor Banner?" Alura asked.

"Doctor Banner was taken into ICU in the DEO's new treatment facility, he was exposed to high levels of Gamma Radiation and a green toxic bust, but he's in stable condition," Steve told her.

"It looks like the speedster got away with a crazy amount of Carbon Disulfide," Lia bit in.

"Let's not worry about that right now, how do you feel, Alura?" Steve asked worriedly.

"I... I feel fine, actually. My fingers are a little tingly but other than that, I-I feel really good, it's weird right?" Alura asked.

"Not at all due to your... you know," Steve reluctantly told Alura.

"What is he talking about?" Lia asked.

"Lia... I have powers, I'm just like my mother," Alura admitted, Lia gasped.

"I totally understand why you didn't tell me, because in all honesty I had my suspicions, and I understand if you were hiding this from me, I mean you're literally like a secret agent," Lia responded.

"Hmm, she took it better than most people would," Steve said.

"So that's why you survived with being hit by 5 billion joules of electricity, which is why I called your mom, but she said she was in the middle of stopping whatever Derek Powers created, some new Bizarro clone," Lia told her.

"That's fine, I didn't want her to worry," Alura murmured.

"She didn't sound worried, it sounded to her like you just bruised your knee, which is why I didn't tell her about this," Lia said and handed a vial.

"When you went into Cardiac Arrest, or maybe your heart was just beating erratically, paramedics tried to jumpstart your heart and found this right under a scar on your right shoulder," Lia explained.

"What is it?" Alura asked.

"They say it's some sort of metal scrap from the shelf you got thrown into, but I don't know it looks kind of old and pretty fried."

"Let me take a look at it," Steve asked Lia. She handed it over to him. Steve looked at the vial that contained the piece of metal.

"It looks like a dampener, we used these a long time ago, it was actually retired from service when I first joined the DEO, we used these on metas who escaped custody."