Jack- 14 (Movie)

JACKS POV

"Jack!! Hurry up!!"

"We're gonna start without you!!"

I hear the calls from my family in the living room, yelling at me in my bedroom.

"I'll be out in a minute!!" I yell back, grabbing the blanket that I came in here for. I race back out, blanket in hand, and sit down in between Adam and Ryan. Dad sits down on the other side of Ryan, each of us wrapped in our own blanket. We watch, enthralled, as 'Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince''s title screen lit up the dark room. I've seen this movie before, but years ago, and I don't really remember what happens.
Nearing the end of the film, Harry is hiding around the corner from my favourite character, Albus Dumbledore. Malfoy is there, as is Snape. And suddenly... Dumbledore... dies.
I sit here in shock. And fear. And worry.

What if that was Dad? Or Adam? Or Ryan? Or Shay even? What will happen if or when they- no no nononono. They can't. They're not allowed. Make it stop make it stop make it stop!!! I don't want to think about it. But what if they all die. Leaving me all alone. By myself.

I couldn't tell, but my breathing is accelerating rapidly. Every breath coming in seems to be shorter than the previous. I start sweating. My eyes go wide. My breathing is rapid. So is my heart.

What is happening to me???

"I-I'll be right back." I yank off the blanket and race to my room, shutting the door behind me. I sit down on the edge of my bed, leaning over to grab one of my pillows. I hug it tight, although it probably isn't considered 'hugging' if the thing is being squeezed to death. I start gasping for air, trying so desperately to get air into my lungs. My head starts pounding with my heart beat as the sounds around me start disappearing. I felt the vibrations of a knock at the door, but I'm way too out of this world to react. My door slowly opens to reveal Ryan, Adam, and Dad.

"Woah, Jack, are you ok?" Ryan asks.

"Go a-away!!" I try to scream, except it probably came across as a cry.

"Jack, we just want to-"

"L-leave m-me alone!!" The door closes, me flopping my face into the pillow to cry. My whole body is so tense around the pillow. I want help, but I'm too embarrassed for them to see me like this.
I faintly hear the door open again. I go to sit up to tell whoever it is to leave, but I'm frozen. I feel the bed sink down beside me, clearly someone won't leave me alone. A gentle, subtle hand places itself on the middle of my back. It slowly rubs upwards and downwards, easing the tenseness out of my body. I give up and fall into the arms of this person. By his scent, I can tell it's Ryan, who's hand doesn't stop moving, even with the change in position. His other arm wraps around my other side, gently resting on my shoulder. He rests his head in different positions on mine, hugging me tight to calm me down. For no less than 10 minutes, I let him ease me back to normal. After those 10 minutes, me being quieted down and mostly settled, Dad and Adam walk in and take seats around me. Adam sat behind me while Dad took a seat on the other side of me. Dad puts a hand on my shoulder, while Adam rests one on my lower back.
They're all here for me. I didn't have to ask, and they came back when I pushed them away. I go to sit up, but I feel embarrassed, so I don't say anything.

"What happened Jack?" Dad asks, sounding concerned but making me feel better about answering.

"Uhmmm..." I mumble out into the silence. "Dumbledore died." I state. They clearly don't get my train of thought.

"Yes... and?" Adam questions.

"Wha-.... what if it was one of you?" My voice gets quieter with each word.

"Jack..." I hear the mumbles from around me.

"You're scared that one of us will die?" Ryan sums up my thoughts simply. I nod, but start to get overwhelmed by the thought again, so I fall right back into Ryan, or more specifically, the pillow resting in his lap. I tear up, trying to stop myself from crying. Ryan continues rubbing my back while Dad tries to make me sit up again.

"Jack, hey, look at me." Dad states. I sit up reluctantly, quickly wiping away the few tears that managed to escape my eyes. I look towards Dad, him placing his hand on my shoulders.

"You can't be scared of one of us dying. You just have to make the most out of what time we do have together on earth. There is no need to worry about when we will die. Yes, we will die eventually, but that won't be for a long time."

"But-" I start.

"No buts. Don't worry about it, ok bud?"
I nod, looking away from all of them.

"Do you want to continue watching the movie? Or do you want to put on something different?" Adam asks from behind me.

"We can finish it, as long as I can sit in between Adam and Ryan."

"That's how we were before, so... sure?" Ryan states.

"It's just, you guys make me feel the most safe..." I mumble. "No offence Dad."

"None taken! That just means I raised you right! You feeling the most safe around your brothers is what I've wanted all along." He smiles. We all grin and head back out to the living room. The scene is paused on Harry's shocked face, making me giggle at his facial expression. We sit back down covering ourselves in blankets. Ryan puts his arm around the back of the couch behind me, and I lean my head on his chest. Adam ends up laying on top of my chest, and Dad presses play on the remote. Not long after the movie starts back up, I fall asleep. I guess I needed it after fighting for my breath for 10 minutes. They didn't wake me up until dinner, which was the correct response.

(A/N- thank you to @TheBoys_and_HP for the inspiration for this story!!!)